• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Beater vehicle 1600$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i am looking for something that runs and drives good and has working HEATER,, dont care about ac or minor stuff.i can do some auto repair,,.after i get bidens 1400 i should be able to make it 1600,prefer a suv or station wagon to put my tools and stuff in,, but may have to take what i can get..has anyone bought a vehicle from Arrow towing auction lately ?? i can walk to them,,,[email protected]..

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have not bought recently but I have purchased over 50 vehicles from them and Puckets during auctions.
If there were Datsun Z cars someone at Arrow would call me from Arrow and ask Hey Jeff you coming to the auction.
We have a Z car.
That is when I decided I have spent too much time buying cars :)

There was one time they had a very clean low mile Mercedes 31,??? miles.
I get there and they have it inside and people are flocked around it and I brought my wife on this one as it was slick.

I finally got to look inside and the mile counter read 31?, ???

Yea these fools thought the last number was a 1/10 counter but it was not and the car had 310 thousand something miles on it.

I told the big guys and they made an announcement on the mic that there was a mistake on the mileage of that car.

How many hundreds of people looked at that and did not realize it.

Do not be stupid or uneducated when it comes to used cars.
Some are prone to head gasket failures like the aluminum head iron block deals of many Ford V6 engines.
I liked my 4 cylinder and inline 6 cars NO V6 cars for me.
V8 carbed cars were fine in my book as most with a carb were fine.

Early Mustangs like the fox body with a hatch back will allow you to stick in a 4x8 sheet of plywood if you open the hatch.
I could haul 13 sheets of 3/4" in my 1982 Mustang hatch back. Inline 6 car 200"

I would buy old stuff like 60's and 70's mostly and that old stuff just is not around much anymore at auctions.

Good luck in your quest.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I don't know of any unfortunately, but 1600 is a good chunk down at a cheap buy here pay here place. Also may check with buzz motors they tend to have decent little cars for a bit over your seeking price.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Buy here pay here places don't want cash, they want the sucker that will pay twice what the car is worth because they can make weekly payments. Keep checking Craigslist and be ready to jump when the right deal comes up. It won't last long.

I have had two Dodge Caravans with the 3.3 V6 that went over 200 thousand, one was at 260 when I sold it to a gal that drove it daily for 3 years till the transmission gave up. Nothing wrong with a Dodge 3.3, can't say the same about the 3.0.

Latest posts

Top Bottom