Beaver Lake fishing trip last week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friday morning striper, Friday evening sandies, Saturday morning trout.
My brother and I took a couple customers to Eureka Springs and Fished with Gene Chapman's guide service. Stripers weren't hitting, I caught the only fish at 19lbs. Didn't think to take a picture, it was cold. The whites were hitting pretty good on the river, we caught 60 or so 1-1.5lb ers in a couple hours. Trout fishing the next morning was good, limited out in about an hour, and the water was roaring.
Gene has a real nice setup. Lodging is right there at his house, about a 1/2 mile from the river ramp. One 4+1 lake guide boat, and two 2+1 river guide boats and Gene's a real good guy.
Had a great trip all in all, just wish it was closer to home.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love/hate
Beaver lake.
I love its so clear, and beautiful.
I hate watching a spinner bait dropping 15 feet while watching it.
I have never got into deep water bass fishing.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love/hate
Beaver lake.
I love its so clear, and beautiful.
I hate watching a spinner bait dropping 15 feet while watching it.
I have never got into deep water bass fishing.

I live on Beaver, and I'll second that it's an all or nothing lake. The sand flats by the Highway 12 bridge are golden on summer morning for whites (what you folks call sandies, that took me forever to realize) stripers, and hybrids. However, dock fishing can get ridiculously boring. I've got some good crappie habitat around my dock, and I've got a friend who feeds his catfish constantly, but unless you make a great effort to attract them, the fish will stay away.

The White River below Beaver is a different story. Fabulous fishing. They'll stock over 3 million trout in the summer. This time of year, when they open the floodgates, you'll find some world class walleye fishing down there.

Tjones, where did y'all put in? Houseman Access?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live on Beaver, and I'll second that it's an all or nothing lake. The sand flats by the Highway 12 bridge are golden on summer morning for whites (what you folks call sandies, that took me forever to realize) stripers, and hybrids. However, dock fishing can get ridiculously boring. I've got some good crappie habitat around my dock, and I've got a friend who feeds his catfish constantly, but unless you make a great effort to attract them, the fish will stay away.

The White River below Beaver is a different story. Fabulous fishing. They'll stock over 3 million trout in the summer. This time of year, when they open the floodgates, you'll find some world class walleye fishing down there.

Tjones, where did y'all put in? Houseman Access?

We have done the 12 mile canoe trip several times down the river. Never failed to limit out, but that was back in my spinning equip days. I'd like to go back over there and do the fly rod trip the same distance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom