Becoming a USPSA member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The match you shot Sunday is not representative of the USPSA classification system for a number of reasons. First, it's not a sanctioned match and they are not affiliated with USPSA. Second, if memory serves, everybody either shoots open or limited class at that match.

Show up to a sanctioned USPSA match, like the one coming up Sunday night at H&H. I'm sure you will see a difference in how the classification system REALLY works.

I am planning on being there, what is the normal round count for the H&H match?

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's official. I just joined. I was just given approval to dress light to work and take comp time tomorrow for the Ponca match :) I noticed they shot a classifier last month, now not having a number, do I just tell them that I'm pending?

des63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it's official. I just joined. I was just given approval to dress light to work and take comp time tomorrow for the Ponca match :) I noticed they shot a classifier last month, now not having a number, do I just tell them that I'm pending?

Yep, just let me know on your score sheet where it says USPSA# that it is pending. Also be sure to put your name down exactly how you did it on your application.

see you in the morning.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am planning on being there, what is the normal round count for the H&H match?
The maximum round found on a USPSA stage is 32 rounds. I usually plan for 40 rounds per stage just in case. So a 4 stage match like H&H would require 160 rounds. That estimate almost always ensures that you have extra ammo.

Congratulations Eli!!! With your skill level and training you have a very good shot at being one of those skilled individuals like Mitch that gets their B classification on the first go around.

It took me a year to get my B:(. I started from never owning a pistol until I was 33.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We shall see! I'm pretty rusty! I'm hoping for B, but realistically I will probably be a C class. I just like to aim high. We'll see how I do on today's classifier. I've already looked at the classifier layout and have a gameplan. Let's just hope I can hit what I'm aiming at!

Side note, Ive owned a pistol since I was 21, but never knew how to really shoot until the a academy, and that was only 3 years ago. I didn't get real professional training until last year, so technically I'm super amateur. I'm just a fcuking ninja! Lol! :).

Latest posts

Top Bottom