Bedlam for the Big 12 Title

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Go easy on Mixon... it's not like he beat and strangled his pregnant GF or anything.

Great Point! We both brought in a player that assaulted a woman. Neither coach could have predicted that would happen. Neither player should play another down at that university, period! Gundy made the tough but right decision to cut the guy from the program let him go earn a second chance elsewhere. Just weeks after torching OU on Bob Stoops great idea to punt again. Speaking of that coward down in Norman, he kept a woman beater on the team and just had him redshirt. It's disgusting really. Honestly, if I were a Sooner fan I'd rather lose Bedlam than root for Mixon. Yes I would be equally as pissed at Gundy had he kept Hill. Some things are bigger than football.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great Point! We both brought in a player that assaulted a woman. Neither coach could have predicted that would happen. Neither player should play another down at that university, period! Gundy made the tough but right decision to cut the guy from the program let him go earn a second chance elsewhere. Just weeks after torching OU on Bob Stoops great idea to punt again. Speaking of that coward down in Norman, he kept a woman beater on the team and just had him redshirt. It's disgusting really. Honestly, if I were a Sooner fan I'd rather lose Bedlam than root for Mixon. Yes I would be equally as pissed at Gundy had he kept Hill. Some things are bigger than football.

Gundy made the tough? right decision? Hill strangled and hit his pregnant in the gut...... Gundy had no choice. Apples to oranges. It's a little tougher to cover up than either Sutton playing bumper cars while wasted......but I'm sure that's a different story. Granted Gundy did the same thing with a lineman named Littlehead, kid had all sorts of trouble including assaulting a woman but eventually transferred. Again, different story I'm sure.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gundy made the tough? right decision? Hill strangled and hit his pregnant in the gut...... Gundy had no choice. Apples to oranges. It's a little tougher to cover up than either Sutton playing bumper cars while wasted......but I'm sure that's a different story. Granted Gundy did the same thing with a lineman named Littlehead, kid had all sorts of trouble including assaulting a woman but eventually transferred. Again, different story I'm sure.

lol you keep proving my points.
Hill - kicked off the team
Littlehead - asked to leave the team
Eddy Sutton - Forced Resignation.

Apples, Oranges whatever.... All I know is Mixon punched a woman in the face breaking bones with video evidence and he is still there. And y'all root for him.

And for the record I think he should get a second chance but somewhere else. A redshirt is not punishment. He needed to be cut.

I wonder what backlash from different groups the University of Oklahoma, Stoops, and Boren will receive when the video is released. Well, it probably will blow over. I bet Mixon only has 2 games left at OU.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Apples, Oranges whatever.... All I know is Mixon punched a woman in the face breaking bones with video evidence and he is still there. And y'all root for him.

And for the record I think he should get a second chance but somewhere else. A redshirt is not punishment. He needed to be cut.

I wonder what backlash from different groups the University of Oklahoma, Stoops, and Boren will receive when the video is released. Well, it probably will blow over. I bet Mixon only has 2 games left at OU.

When the video is released? It never will be because OU and Norman PD are all in it together. It's all about having a winning team and they will allow nothing to jeopardize that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Some corrections here....

Sutton again, forced the hand of OSU when he blew a .22. It was time to get help. But I'm sure you believe that was the first incident of dangerous drunken behavior? I know for a fact it wasn't.

Littlehead also forced the hand with multiple incidents, seemed OK until someone took his place on the depth chart. Either way, he wasn't immediately dismissed.

Being suspended from the team for a year is not "a redshirt." Not even close.

Stoops has kicked multiple guys off the team over the years for various incidents considerably more minor than this. He knows the facts more than I do, and while I don't agree with it, it is what it is. Point remains that the two incidents aren't one in the same. YMMV, but I'd wager OU beating OSU more often than not has something to do with your emotion.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When the video is released? It never will be because OU and Norman PD are all in it together. It's all about having a winning team and they will allow nothing to jeopardize that.

I don't know the timeline but it should be coming... probably when Mixon is in the NFL.
From my understanding the Cleveland County Judge ruled that since there was no arrest, then it is not considered public record. However, it was viewed by the judge to make the decision so he ruled incorrectly. The Oklahoma broadcaster association sued the county and pushed it to the Oklahoma Supreme Court. Back in May, the OSC ruled against Cleveland County and said that it was used in court so the video is public record. It actually has less to do with this case and much more about the protection of the freedom of the press. If the OBS let it slide then this could be used as precident for courts not releasing info that should be public. As far as the release goes, since the OSC sided with the OAB, they are allowed to go forward with a suit to get access to the video. That suit was filed back in June. Haven't heard much since then. I hear the the Mixon tape is completely different than the Ray Rice tape but equally as disturbing. We'll see how it all plays out.

Still what's going on with this is not even on the same planet as what was happening in Waco. Much worse situation going on down there but it's bringing a new expectation of transparency to light where crap like this won't be swept under the rug.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Right because OU didn't have 3 1000yd backs on the team already. Funny how Stoops openly tells guys, and has for years, that we will win with or without you. Pretty much true unless it's a bowl game. :ou1

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Right because OU didn't have 3 1000yd backs on the team already. Funny how Stoops openly tells guys, and has for years, that we will win with or without you. Pretty much true unless it's a bowl game. :ou1

He shouldn't be playing and everyone but die hard sooner fans know that. It's just a matter of time before his temper gets the best of him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU is playing for a record breaking 46th conference championship next weekend.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom