Bedlam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Everything about the game is designed to favor the offense these days. Most of the players on defense are just as good as the offensive guys. The rules, however, are set up to give the advantage to the offense, for whatever reason. It's only gonna get worse.

SEC and Big10 still have teams with defense, some of the rules are taking out the Bosworth style headhunters but fundamental tackling and understanding what is happening on the field is the same as it has always been. OU and OSU both do not put emphasis on defense so this is what you get. Lights out offense with a defense that looks lost most of the time. Whether the lackluster D is coaching or recruiting or level of intelligence/comprehension(also recruiting) is hard to say!!
I like Defense and watching the in state teams sucks LOL

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd hate to be a coach trying to defend today. I'd also hate to be a SEC or Big10 coach playing a Big12 schedule. I think even Alabama would have trouble getting through undefeated. Oklahoma/West Virginia should be a rip-snorter.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'd hate to be a coach trying to defend today. I'd also hate to be a SEC or Big10 coach playing a Big12 schedule. I think even Alabama would have trouble getting through undefeated. Oklahoma/West Virginia should be a rip-snorter.
Rip snorter or dumpster fire LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom