Being a 'Good Samaritan'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think any sane person would hope it happens. :)

I brought that particular point up because defensive tactics can sometimes include offensive maneuvering to gain a tactical advantage. Seeing as that would be difficult for you at best, I'd focus on marksmanship and supported shooting positions that take advantage of your stability aids. Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Of course. Make maximum use of my advantages.

In that vein, I recently ordered and picked up 2,000 standard velocity 38 rounds from a loader in Kansas. I've been shooting a fair amount of them up, too. My usual carry gun is either a K-, or L-frame S&W. Like the one in my avatar or a 686 4". I do better with wheelguns, perhaps because I've been shooting them for nearly 50 years..

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bruce Willis - "Die Hard"
Not even close. Do you remember the English guy who played Marcus Brody in the Indiana Jones films? He was in another film on Operation Market Garden in WWII. He is a British RAF meteorological officer who has to face an angry Polish General Sosabowski played by Gene Hackman whos says that due to the weather, his troops have sit and do nothing. Visibly squirming, the RAF guy blurts out "I'd say that puts it rather well."

The film was 1977's A Bridge Too Far. Excellent film, BTW, even if British Field Marshal Montgomery did not come out looking too well. Operation was a good plan, but the British disregarded their own intelligence on German strength.

Latest posts

Top Bottom