Belated hello.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Scribe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rejoined after about a year hiatus due to some personal issues. Shortly after joining my oldest dog (8) became very ill. Extremely long story short, about 4 weeks and a TON of money later, he did great after surgery that they only gave him a 30% chance of surviving. After returning home he had about 10 days of more fun he’d had in a year. Then all of a sudden he took a turn for the worse and died Wednesday morning. After losing 2 of my folks within 5 days, 3 years ago, the worst day of my life. I have no kids but he was like my son. Most wont understand that but maybe a few will.
I must give credit to the doctors, surgeon, and staff at Neel Vet Hospital. They took great care of him and stayed in contact with me multiple times a day while I was out of state after his surgery. That was so difficult, but I had to be gone. After being there for almost 2 weeks I had gotten to know a few of the nurses there.
Anyway, I realize not your normal howdy from someone but had to get that off my chest. Now that I’m back on here I can get to know some of you fine folks and come to a few of your get togethers. It’s nice to be back at such a crazy time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that’s rough. Sorry to hear of your loss. We build our lives around them not even knowing we are doing it. My Brittany has been gone for 4 years. Every time I walk in the door, I see her coming down the hall to see me. I smile when I do it now.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sorry he’s gone. I lost Missy 2 years ago last week and I still miss her every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We probably paid for a wing of Neel hospital with our cats and dogs.
Worth every penny. this dog tag i carry with me probably can tell you that I feel your pain
Welcome back

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Same here. I carry her tag on my key chain. Neel clinic saved her once. Best dog I ever had. This guy is pretty cool but he ain’t her.
942c9cb18acc94507009003df6395e69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom