Benelli Montefeltro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the Montefeltro, you can easily fit the gun to your physique and the run and run and run! Only two down sides. 1) the front bead is very small, but that is easily changed. 2) there is no good way to pull the magazine tube apart to clean them, but since it is all sealed up it doesn't need it very often. It is the Benelli inertia system and most parts for M1/M2 fits this gun. The Benelli's have been known to last for hundreds of thousands of rounds, and I can't think of a better semi auto shotgun!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot a 26" Montefeltro 20ga and still keep an eye out for one at the right price. About the only negative is that a Beretta gas gun might have softer recoil, but the Benelli as Kurt stated is pretty damned bulletproof.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been shooting a M1 Super 90 12 gauge since 1994, and it’s hands down my favorite semi auto shotgun. I’ve had a couple Monrefeltro 20 gauges and three M1 Super 90 20 gauges, and I honestly wish I had held onto at least one of them. At the time, I was more heavily vested in 12 gauge ammo and reloading, and I really couldn’t afford to do 12 and 20.
In my view, the Montefeltro guns are more “gentleman” shotguns that are functional but yet “pretty”, and the M1 or M2 Super 90 guns are more for ”field” use.
My Super 90 has been been on the bottom of Toledo Bend lake and used as a “crutch” when I lost my balance and filled my waders up with water, and after a good cleaning, it still looked good and functioned perfectly. I would’ve been horrified to do that with a wood stocked gun.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the Benelli Montefeltro. Who liked it or didn’t like it and why. I would be using a 20ga primarily for upland bird hunting. Thanks

I put 1500+ rounds thru a 26" 20 ga in Argentina last year without even a small bruise.

I liked it so much I bought one when I got home.

I'm not a huge fan of the loading & unloading of the shotgun, but not everything can be as perfect as an old A5. Other than that, I liked it. A lot. I'm a Browning A5 guy and I didn't need another shotgun, but I liked it so much I bought one anyway. What's that tell ya?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the Benelli Montefeltro. Who liked it or didn’t like it and why. I would be using a 20ga primarily for upland bird hunting. Thanks

Came back to add, friend of mine that went with to Argentina bought a 24" 20 when he got home and then had it cerakoted in a dark gray satin finish. Pretty sporty , and nice looking little shotgun. I really like the way his looks.

Kangaroo1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It is probably the best quail shooter ever made, 20ga or 28ga. A5's are cool and all that, but that featherweight silver Benelli was built to carry all day and points like a dream with that little 24" barrel. Cylinder or improved choke and you will be damn hard pressed to find any one gun that can outshoot it on wild birds. I went through the throws of what auto to buy and tried a bunch like you are, nothing beat it. Just get it you wont look back.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive not used a montefeltro alot, but ive got an m2 20ga and a m1 12ga that im pretty fond of and have given me good service. id have zero reservations about owning a montefeltro, theyre just a bit pretty for a field gun for me. have you looked into a 28ga at all? its a more lethal round than it appears, very rarely have i felt undergunned with a 28. the guns are usually very light yet have manageable recoil. ammo is expensive though.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have used several of the Benelli Black Eagle in 12 ga. 3 in. Has the same inertia system bolt but a two piece receiver that breaks down easily for cleaning. Like the more expensive Raffaello or Excecutive line. One of the best shotguns ever produced. Reliability and weight is a plus. Recoil not so much of a plus. Pretty with excellent fitment wood to metal a big plus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom