Beretta considers leaving Maryland as O'Malley pushes tougher gun laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the world’s biggest gun makers is threatening to move its Maryland manufacturing plant – along with roughly 400 jobs – as Democratic Gov. Martin O’Malley pushes one of the most ambitious gun-control agendas in the country.

Beretta USA executives have grown weary of the state’s attitude on guns and reportedly have backed up their threat by pointing out the company moved a warehouse to neighboring Virginia in 1990 when Maryland previously tightened gun laws.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...malley-pushes-tougher-gun-laws/#ixzz2MD9EtYPc

I read last week about Magpul leaving Colorado. This week Beretta USA is pushing back in Maryland. Good to see more companies making a stand against ridiculous laws that will not make anyone any safer.

Beretta also sent me an email with a the following link for a letter to the MD Judiciary Committee.

http://www.berettausa.com/sb281?ide...45062ddd84401585952ba0329d179d&idevmid=364551

Dear Delegate,

As you know, Governor Martin O’Malley has proposed legislation in the State of Maryland that would, among other things, prohibit the sale within the State of certain models of semiautomatic rifles and shotguns and of firearm magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Beretta U.S.A., Benelli U.S.A. and Stoeger Industries make or sell these products and the legislation, if passed, will hurts the Maryland economy. Many of these companies' employees also live in Maryland and I worry about the negative message this legislation sends to all of them and to the owners of their companies.

The Governor's legislation also attacks my Second Amendment rights and adds administrative complexity and cost to my ability to buy a firearm without providing a commensurate benefit.

For these reasons I ask that you vote against the Governor's legislation. If the Bill makes it to the floor for debate I ask that you not vote for cloture.

Respectfully,
(your name)

Latest posts

Top Bottom