Beretta M9/92F: OSA's Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beretta 92F/M9 is....

• An excellent fighting pistol.

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • A viable option, but not my first choice.

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • A piece of ****.

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but you're from Wynnewood, what do you know.
Shootin for fun

What's the implication here? Because he lives in rural OK he is a moron or hillbilly? I also live in rural OK and work in LE and I routinely see you "metro area" guys come down here and get caught on fire, stick your selves with hooks, get cut, snake bite, etc. Hank Williams said it best "a country boy can survive"!

BTW that might be the dumbest comment I have read lately on here and that's saying something. Dexcheque is a chemist for a large oil refrinery, you?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Shootin for fun

What's the implication here? Because he lives in rural OK he is a moron or hillbilly? I also live in rural OK and work in LE and I routinely see you "metro area" guys come down here and get caught on fire, stick your selves with hooks, get cut, snake bite, etc. Hank Williams said it best "a country boy can survive"!

BTW that might be the dumbest comment I have read lately on here and that's saying something. Dexcheque is a chemist for a large oil refrinery, you?

Chill for sec here. I'm about 99.9999999% sure that was a joke.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shootin for fun

What do you know........ you're from Sulphur.

Lighten up Francis.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shootin for fun

That's actually kinda funny, because it's mostly true. LOL.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shootin for fun

Lighten up Super Trooper. I have family all over Garvin County, I'm fairly certain that the people from down that way are a little backwards.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sooooo .. what's the answer of the "caliber+weight" fanclub to the thousands of 300, 400, 500+ pound alligators being shot and instantly killed every year with a single 22 caliber 40 grain bullet travelling at pistol speeds.

Despite all the caliber/weight/pistol discussion, in all seriousness - if you have a dedicated home defense gun it should be shoulder fired, I really hope I'm not alone here with that opinion.

Simple, gators don't shoot back! :)

Seriously, you can kill someone with a BB gun if you have all the time in the world and they're willing to stand still for it. But that wouldn't make it a viable choice for defense.

As for the shoulder fired thingy, there are additional considerations when discussing HD. Would I rather shoot someone with a rifle? Sure. Will I be able to do everything in my home I might need to do with a rifle? Probably not. Does that mean I don't have a rifle available for HD? Absolutely not, but the first thing I'm grabbing when something goes bump in the night is a grip reduced G21SF loaded with 18 230gr Gold Dots and a Surefire X300 mounted on it. It's the most powerful AND flexible platform I have access to. :)

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have to disagree with you on people down this way being backwards guess it just all depends on what you consider backwards. WTSHTF I hope I'm surrounded by a bunch of these backwards good ol boys because they will be able to "get with the program" so to speak. However if I need directions to the cleaners or looking for a place to get my shoes shined I'll know who to get ahold of. No offense intended city boy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom