Beretta Model 81, 32acp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in love with a capital L. Took this to the range Tuesday, let me tell you, has the recoil of a 22 and is pretty darn accurate. I was not trying to tread a needle but easily got 12 shot groups the size of small plums at 8-9yards. I didn't try any farther, don't know why just didn't. I don't think I would hesitate to carry this with Underwood Xtreme Cavitator rounds(This round pass the FBI specs(?) not sure of the right quote. Another feather in it's cap, you can buy them for $250 from classic firearms. They come with 1/12 round mag. I got mine local and paid a little more. I will try and post pictures tomorrow.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one of these a while back. I just like it too.

It's by no means a small pistol, but it's also not an anvil in my hands. I shot it at 7 and 10 yards, and found it as accurate as I am. Almost no recoil, with the smaller round in a relatively big pistol. I got a spare mag when I purchased mine, and the spares aren't cheap.

I shoot into a bullet trap, and find the .32 ball ammo goes as deep in the shredded rubber catch medium as the larger rounds, and some farther in than 9mm. I'm shooting the Fiochhi ammo, it seems the European ammo for the 7.65 is a bit more robust than some of the North American .32ACP offerings.

The only thing I dislike is chasing those tiny cases....

I would have no problem carrying this pistol, although it's a bit large to conceal. I suppose if one is already toting a full-size 9 or 45, it's a bit easier than those to conceal, but it's no pocket pistol.

All in all, it's a good buy. I would buy it again.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot Jimmy's pistol too, but it's fat grips turned me off on it to a degree. I wasn't accurate with it at all either. Maybe if I got a set of thinner grips, I'd do better, but then again, since I didn't have my right glasses, I couldn't see the front sight very well anyway. Well made little guns, and I should jump on one for the price they are going for from Classic Firearms. Wouldn't be bad to just have lying around the house in a drawer or somewhere.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid the extra for hand select. It was some months ago, so I don't know what they have remaining.

My pistol was beautiful, until it was tossed in a padded envelope, along with the extra magazine, and shipped.

No internal packaging, no wrapping. Just a pistol and a magazine in an envelope, shipped across the country.

Some nicks and scrapes, but it's still a very nice pistol.
It looks to have been on a shelf somewhere, not even holster wear is evident.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that these pistols have become the Golden Gun of the year,,,
Lots of people have purchased one,,,
Everyone loves theirs.

I ordered one (with an extra mag) from Classic Firearms the day they announced them,,,
Possibly the best $245 I've ever spent on a gun.

I already had a Model 85 in .380 and a Model 87 in .22 LR,,,
So I knew I liked the shape and feel of them,,,
This one has become my favorite.

It now lives permanently in my Gun Toten Mama's briefcase.

Aarond

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in love with a capital L. Took this to the range Tuesday, let me tell you, has the recoil of a 22 and is pretty darn accurate. I was not trying to tread a needle but easily got 12 shot groups the size of small plums at 8-9yards. I didn't try any farther, don't know why just didn't. I don't think I would hesitate to carry this with Underwood Xtreme Cavitator rounds(This round pass the FBI specs(?) not sure of the right quote. Another feather in it's cap, you can buy them for $250 from classic firearms. They come with 1/12 round mag. I got mine local and paid a little more. I will try and post pictures tomorrow.
Well not quite $250.. ordered extra mag +$34.99 no problem, $3.00 insurance no problem, 20.62 shipping and handling..., tax $24.58...
Total = $333.18, still have to buy holster even if I don't carry it maybe new grips. See what you did:pms2:. Yes I did ordered one a few minutes ago. They had survey after order wanting to know why I ordered and I blamed you!:laugh6:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well not quite $250.. ordered extra mag +$34.99 no problem, $3.00 insurance no problem, 20.62 shipping and handling..., tax $24.58...
Total = $333.18,
I said you could buy them for $250, I didn't say anything about shipping and that other stuff. I didn't know you actually wanted the gun, just send them the $250 and tell everyone you own. one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom