Best 1911 .45 concealed carry gun??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone who builds 1911s I was impressed with the Springfield XDS. It is very compact for the size of the package.

Barry

WHOA! Did you just recommend a plastic gun? :D

Here is my Kimber CDP Pro that Dr. Greyson overhauled for me. It carries as well as any Glock I have (actually better).

Of course it shoots WAAAY better than any gun I own. Thanks Barry!

i373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_2011_11_29_20_23_37_597.jpg

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For concealed carry a Glock-36 in 45ACP would be hard to beat. 6+1 ronds in a small package with no hammer to snag and no external safeties. I purchased mine more than 5 years ago, it's been totally reliable with a wide variety of JHP ammo and quite accutrate.
You might also want to consider the more recent small pistol offerings in 45ACP from Kahr and Springfield XDM.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I only have two .45ACP guns, a Springfield 1911A1 Loaded, and a Ruger P345. Both are easy to carry concealed, I've also become interested in the Springfield XDs. The XDs combined with my S&W 640ND for a concealed carry kit sounds just about perfect to me.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Doctor has spoken....
But alas I only have a 4" Springer LWCO/.... 8 + 1 with 10 round wilson mag
as far as the Glock offering..g30...10 +1 and will accept g21 mags at 15 rounds (thats what the local PD carry )
Its knid of thick , but it carry's well for me

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WHOA! Did you just recommend a plastic gun? :D

Here is my Kimber CDP Pro that Dr. Greyson overhauled for me. It carries as well as any Glock I have (actually better).

Of course it shoots WAAAY better than any gun I own. Thanks Barry!

i373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_2011_11_29_20_23_37_597.jpg

How do you spell carry melt? That is a really nice pistol! I build em too and I'm picky...and that is nice, really nice.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of the series I Kimber CDPs had an honest melt on them. Now... with the newer ones (series II) not so much. I will say that I notice a C&S hammer there.... :D

Oh and speaking from personal experience the XDs is a solid little .45, makes for a perfect summer carry.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I tried the XDs and after two trips back to SA gave up on it when they couldn't even make it reliable. I would say this......
[Broken External Image]
but, I won't as the 1911 is just a range gun for me (this one is 100% reliable.) I much prefer my SIG P220 or H&K45c for carry. But, I have carried a couple of these .45 ACPs lately.
i161.photobucket.com_albums_t201_IkenI_photo_cowboy.gif

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only have two .45ACP guns, a Springfield 1911A1 Loaded, and a Ruger P345. Both are easy to carry concealed, I've also become interested in the Springfield XDs. The XDs combined with my S&W 640ND for a concealed carry kit sounds just about perfect to me.

I have an XD Service .45 (4" barrel). Great gun and lighter than you might think. It weighs about the same as a G23 and kicks a little less than that. Only thing that takes getting used to if you shoot Glocks and other handguns is the 6 oclock hold it uses for sighting.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For concealed carry a Glock-36 in 45ACP would be hard to beat. 6+1 ronds in a small package with no hammer to snag and no external safeties. I purchased mine more than 5 years ago, it's been totally reliable with a wide variety of JHP ammo and quite accutrate.
You might also want to consider the more recent small pistol offerings in 45ACP from Kahr and Springfield XDM.

Why does someone always feel the need to interject a Glock into a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Glocks?

Latest posts

Top Bottom