Best 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All info above is good. I certainly agree that any Colt will hold its value. As for Colt accuracy it is good particularly if you buy a Gold Cup. About $1200-1400. They are hard to find but with it. Ruger, Springfield, Para, Remington, Smith and Sig are all great 1911's and all have models priced below $1000. Kimbers are good also but a good part of their product line is above $1000. Les Baer, Wilson, Ed Brown and Nighthawk are all excellent pistols but start above $1500 and go to prices above my imagination. There are many 1911's listed on OSA for sale regularly.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
which ones are accurate?

No 1911 in the price range you listed will be significantly more mechanically accurate than others, granted it was built to specs. Accuracy in a 1911 has more to do with the preference of the shooter in terms of ergonomics, sights, and trigger.

I'd personally stick with a Sig or Ruger below $1000. Again it all just depends on what you like and what feels comfy in your hand.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot the Kimber custom 2 tle and I like it (I just can't reach the slide release with my shooting hand) but would buying a Kimber and the kimber .22 kit be worth my money

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot the Kimber custom 2 tle and I like it (I just can't reach the slide release with my shooting hand) but would buying a Kimber and the kimber .22 kit be worth my money

I'd pass on the Kimber kit.... they are hit or miss.... as are most. I'd honestly buy a dedicated .22 of some sort, not necessarily a 1911 in .22 either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom