Best 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if the Springfields (made in Brazil) are cast/forged in the Taurus shop...

Imbel casts all of Springer's frames and slides and the quality is just as good as anyone else. It's a big misconception that ALL Springers are made in Brazil, most are actually finished over here. Last I checked, the GI and some Mil-specs were the only ones being built in Brazil.

Either way they have nothing to do with Taurus. That being said, the one good thing about a Taurus 1911 is the frame and slide.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
on the belt holster set is looper is a good belt brand right?

I would not suggest a looper belt. I bought one of their reinforced leather belts, it lasted less a year. Kydex inside cracked and the leather at the hole split. I now have a useless belt I spent good money on.

As for 1911s, I'm a fan of Springfield. If something goes wrong, their cs is exceptional.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always belted Galco, some like em, some don't... I've never had a problem getting a few years out of a pair. You need two really, a brown and a black. Matching holsters to boot. If you're gonna rock it, rock it fabulous.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not suggest a looper belt. I bought one of their reinforced leather belts, it lasted less a year. Kydex inside cracked and the leather at the hole split. I now have a useless belt I spent good money on.

As for 1911s, I'm a fan of Springfield. If something goes wrong, their cs is exceptional.

I'm pretty sure that Looper Kydex belts have a lifetime warranty. Worth a call..

Latest posts

Top Bottom