Best AR Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bencc29

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats everyone's opinion on Trijicon Acog optics. I know there are several different versions with different sight picture options such as the chevron, horse shoe, doughnut and different magnification options. Is there any one that is significantly better. I currently have an Eotech 512 with a magnifier but am looking to upgrade a little.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep what you have and for the money of the ACOG you can buy another AR plus a low power variable scope for it. See how simple that is. If you are going to war tomorrow though the ACOG would be nice.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a TA31F (4x with Chevron). I like it a lot. Some folks don't like the short eye relief, but I shoot NTCH, so it has never been an issue to me.

bencc29

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I could get another rifle for the price but I'm basically trying sell a few extra rifles to make one really nice AR. I've used a trijicon acog in the past and I don't remember the eye relief being a big issue. I do remember it being a crystal clear nice optic but it's been a while and now that I've started looking at them I've found out there is several different versions.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The TA-11 is pretty popular with 3-gun and practical rifle competitors. It is the 3.5x one with a little more forgiving eye relief than the older military issue TA-31, so it is reportedly quicker to get on target, especially using the occluded eye method for close range. It also has a BDC that goes out to 800m instead of 600. Everybody has a preference when it comes to reticle... I like the chevron personally, but maybe its because that's what I'm familiar with since I have a TA-55 (the big 5.5x one).

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ACOG's are awesome. If you really want it, get it. You can usually sell it for NEAR the same price paid. I've had the TA33G-H and now I have the TA44SR-10. Will be getting a TA31RCO-M4 soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom