Best commercially made hog traps..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got ask after you fill a few freezers with sows what do you do with 2000 lbs of rotting pork? I’m fairly close to OKC and don’t think a local dump will allow me to dispose them there. My place is fairly small and no way would I want that much rotting stench around plus I don’t own a backhoe to dig a mass grave. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got ask after you fill a few freezers with sows what do you do with 2000 lbs of rotting pork? I’m fairly close to OKC and don’t think a local dump will allow me to dispose them there. My place is fairly small and no way would I want that much rotting stench around plus I don’t own a backhoe to dig a mass grave. Thoughts?

Leave them alive in the trap. Let people come over and pick their own. Charge $2500 for the hunt of a lifetime. Room and board is extra in your luxury accommodations.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Don't haul em to town unless you have people wanting them. I try to give away as many as I can. They don't last long in a bone pile in the warmer months, everything from maggots, vultures and various mammals will have all but the bones cleaned up.
Where is your property at, you don't have to be real specific. PM if you want.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't haul em to town unless you have people wanting them. I try to give away as many as I can. They don't last long in a bone pile in the warmer months, everything from maggots, vultures and various mammals will have all but the bones cleaned up.
Where is your property at, you don't have to be real specific. PM if you want.

My brother is thinking about getting one of those boar buster traps. I think that's what is called.

We have enough coyotes around. They world make quick work of them.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My brother is thinking about getting one of those boar buster traps. I think that's what is called.

We have enough coyotes around. They world make quick work of them.

That's the trap that the Noble Foundation uses iirc. Also what a guy I know in Noble county uses.

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any reason that you don't start the conversation about the hog problem with the USDA - Wildlife Services? They employee and equip several trappers in Oklahoma. Wildlife Services Oklahoma, Phone: 405-521-4039. These federal trappers do not cost you anything but your cooperation and access to your place for a short amount of time. Most of the time when I have connected to the knowledge of the federal trapper getting hogs, he has hauled them away dead. Call their office and tell them your trouble and they will get the local person assigned to that area to contact you. They also work on beavers, coyotes, etc.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any reason that you don't start the conversation about the hog problem with the USDA - Wildlife Services? They employee and equip several trappers in Oklahoma. Wildlife Services Oklahoma, Phone: 405-521-4039. These federal trappers do not cost you anything but your cooperation and access to your place for a short amount of time. Most of the time when I have connected to the knowledge of the federal trapper getting hogs, he has hauled them away dead. Call their office and tell them your trouble and they will get the local person assigned to that area to contact you. They also work on beavers, coyotes, etc.
Will they help this lady remove her deadbeat son? LOL!

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/question-for-you-lawyers-evicting-a-20yr-old.288571/

Latest posts

Top Bottom