Best commercially made hog traps..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
She also catches big catfish by hand or so I’m told...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any reason that you don't start the conversation about the hog problem with the USDA - Wildlife Services? They employee and equip several trappers in Oklahoma. Wildlife Services Oklahoma, Phone: 405-521-4039. These federal trappers do not cost you anything but your cooperation and access to your place for a short amount of time. Most of the time when I have connected to the knowledge of the federal trapper getting hogs, he has hauled them away dead. Call their office and tell them your trouble and they will get the local person assigned to that area to contact you. They also work on beavers, coyotes, etc.
You have had better luck than 2 folks I have helped. One was offered a small box style trap for hogs but the gov't trapper wouldn't bring the large trap out. The farmer had to replant 10 acres in a quarter of wheat. He is not a big time farmer so that might be why he wasn't offered any help.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any reason that you don't start the conversation about the hog problem with the USDA - Wildlife Services? They employee and equip several trappers in Oklahoma. Wildlife Services Oklahoma, Phone: 405-521-4039. These federal trappers do not cost you anything but your cooperation and access to your place for a short amount of time. Most of the time when I have connected to the knowledge of the federal trapper getting hogs, he has hauled them away dead. Call their office and tell them your trouble and they will get the local person assigned to that area to contact you. They also work on beavers, coyotes, etc.

I prefer to handle my own affairs and I only allow people on my farm as invited guest, that I know personally. I just needed info and opinions on which trap to buy. This will be an on going issue for as long as I own the farm. Once, I kill these more will show up so I am interested in a long term fix that works for my situation. Plus I have two farms and the trap will be moved between the two places as needed. I am sure the wildlife Services does a good job, but it is not for me. I purchased the JAGER Pro so I will report on how successful it is hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Thanks to all for the opinions, advise and thoughts, all were good and appreciated.
Thanks Bassin for the PM responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Not a bad idea but I am not sure about their coming and going on my farm at will. As I only allow people on my farm as invited guest, that I know personally. I needed info and opinions on which trap to buy. This will be an on going issue for as long as I own the farm. Once, I kill these more will show up so I am interested in a long term fix that works for my situation. Plus I have two farms and the trap will be moved between the two places as needed. I am sure the wildlife Services does a good job. I purchased the JAGER Pro so I will report on how successful it is hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Thanks to all for the opinions, advise and thoughts, all were good and appreciated.
Thanks Bassin for the PM responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work for a soil and water conservation district and we have a Boarbuster that we bought and rent it out to producers who have hog problems. It’s a really nice trap to use and you can run it from your recliner at home, it’ll send a text to your phone.

The down side is that sucker is time consuming when ya wanna move it. It can be left in sections if you’ve got a bud to help pick it up or you can break it down into separate pieces.

We are about to buy a Barriertec-Hunttec Mantis Pro it looks like it’ll be pretty darn nice too.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for a soil and water conservation district and we have a Boarbuster that we bought and rent it out to producers who have hog problems. It’s a really nice trap to use and you can run it from your recliner at home, it’ll send a text to your phone.

The down side is that sucker is time consuming when ya wanna move it. It can be left in sections if you’ve got a bud to help pick it up or you can break it down into separate pieces.

We are about to buy a Barriertec-Hunttec Mantis Pro it looks like it’ll be pretty darn nice too.
PM more info please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom