BEST group of my Life!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry MoBoost, I don't know what came over me....

Magna19 - that bullet fragmented into little bitty pieces and I could not recover enough to photograph. This is the first time one of these bullets "exploded" like that...

Just a thought but, I was thinking it sure would be nice to have something like a "Long-Range Deer Hunters Club" here in Oklahoma. When I lived in Mississippi, counting myself, there were seven of us that shot deer during gun season and strictly long-range. Nothing was ever shot inside of 600 yds. and the limiting maximum range was up to each individual's shooting skills with what they were comfortable with...

What would it take to do something like that here and would anyone be interested in it?

DAVID

I am all for it, planning to learn the ropes this spring. Have a place I might be able to hunt out to about 6-700, don't think I would want to try much past that with a .308.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you guys know of any place around N.E. OK. that would allow us to shoot long-range? I've talked to the guys that own the property's where I shoot and they all said basically the same thing - that they don't want a bunch of different people shooting on their property for reasons of liability...

If I can find a place within an hour or two at the most from here, I would gladly host a long-range shooting seminar for those interested....

Devon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you guys know of any place around N.E. OK. that would allow us to shoot long-range? I've talked to the guys that own the property's where I shoot and they all said basically the same thing - that they don't want a bunch of different people shooting on their property for reasons of liability...

If I can find a place within an hour or two at the most from here, I would gladly host a long-range shooting seminar for those interested....

That would be great! I wonder if one of the county commissioners would let us close down a one-mile stretch of a remote, seldom used county road for a one-day shoot.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be great! I wonder if one of the county commissioners would let us close down a one-mile stretch of a remote, seldom used county road for a one-day shoot.

They let us do that one day back in the early 80's but, I don't know if anything like that would be possible today. I know of a couple of guys I can call here in just a little bit, and I'll see what they can tell me....

Latest posts

Top Bottom