1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Best "Other" 5.56 Platform

Discussion in 'Firearms Chat' started by Stay_Shmackin, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Defcon Shooter

Defcon Shooter Sharpshooter

Well I had a lot of experience with it back in the early 90's in both semi auto and select fire versions. It was robust. Lightweight and had some cool features. The gas cutoff so you could launch grenades right off the muzzle. I had a big blue practice grenade that was a hoot to launch with blanks. The optics mount was a little funky but functional. It had the terrific FN folding stock that IMI stole for use on the Galil two position gas regulator if things got dirty just click open the port some and away it went. The select fire version if I recall right had burst and full auto. It ran at a very manageable cyclic rate. I wish as an old geezer I had one back. When I was young the heavy guns like Galil ARM and HK93 were my favorites now as an old dude I long for those long stroke lightweight guns. Miss the Beretta AR70 and even the ugly Daewoo

dennishoddy and Stay_Shmackin like this.
  2. Stay_Shmackin

Stay_Shmackin Marksman

Rating
    100%
    Awesome to hear! I wish i could afford anything select fire haha. And some of the things you mentioned are the exact reasons I narrowed my choice down to the Bren 2 and Galil Ace. Lightweight, durable gas system/action, and easily adjustable gas. Shoot I'm not too old and I enjoy the lightweight platforms! Nothing wrong with that.

dennishoddy likes this.
  3. bigchuck83

bigchuck83 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have always wanted to get either a FN FS2000, Steyr AUG, or Beretta ARX, however funds were never sufficient when i found one for sale. I think i would really like a SBR'd Beretta ARX or FN Fs2000

Stay_Shmackin likes this.
  4. Stay_Shmackin

Stay_Shmackin Marksman

Rating
    100%
    Yeah I wouldn't mind having one of each. Lol. And those stupid tax stamps start to add up. I'll stick to pistol braces while I still can. Haha. That SBR ARX looks really good.

5. TheDoubleD

TheDoubleD Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Remington 700 VLS, Leupold 4-12 AO

[​IMG]

Bchance, MacFromOK, O4L and 1 other person like this.
  6. Stay_Shmackin

Stay_Shmackin Marksman

Rating
    100%
    A classic! Good shooting! I actually have a Remington 700 build in the works. Going to be in .308. My 5.56/.223 guns are all semi-auto's for now.