best pig stickers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once Randall is done with the knife(he has shown progression pics in this thread) he will raffle it off here(all you have to do is post in this thread to be entered; so you are now entered in the drawing).

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once Randall is done with the knife(he has shown progression pics in this thread) he will raffle it off here(all you have to do is post in this thread to be entered; so you are now entered in the drawing).

Sweet and thanks Randall. My threads usually just fall into the deepest of interwebz chasms. At least this time, someone will be happy! Rock on!

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm always impressed with your knives...I still want to know if you will "rehandle" an existing knife?

I have a BUSSE Basic 11 with a resoprene handle that would be a candidate for G-10

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm always impressed with your knives...I still want to know if you will "rehandle" an existing knife?
I have a BUSSE Basic 11 with a resoprene handle that would be a candidate for G-10

I try and avoid doing this type of work as I have learned to make knives my way, as I started before there was internet or before most people had it anyway. I took several years off like 20 lol. Then one day I saw a few custom knives posted that were on a level that I thought was just awesome, so I dusted off a few tools, built myself a propane forge and challenged myself to produce a next level knife in looks and performance, (next level from my previous knives), and I still try and improve every time and still have a ways to go.

The way that knife handle is made I would have to make a frame type handle for it which is a lot of work and I'm not sure I could make it work out fair for both of us. You might find someone who could build you a g-10 hidden tang handle from a block of g-10 but without modifying the tang of your knife more than I would want I do not think I could do that. I usually price myself out of repairs like this as the time outweighs the materials, if its something you really want to do PM me but you may me better off just having me build you one like you want.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It comes in at 12 3/4" total with a 7 1/4" blade, handle is 5 1/2" from front of bolster. 14oz on our kitchen scale, not sure how accurate it is. Sanded handle to 600g then lightly buffed on loose wheel with pink compound.

Latest posts

Top Bottom