1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Best place to buy Mosin- Nagants in the Oklahoma City- Moore Area?

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by KenDaMastuh, Jul 28, 2012.

1. KenDaMastuh

KenDaMastuh Marksman

Hi guys,
    I'm new here to the forums, and new here to Oklahoma itself (been here for less than a year). I got into shooting some months ago and the Mosin- Nagant caught my eye.
    I've read good things about the Mosin: decently accurate, cheap to shoot, and the rifle is cheap. As I'm on quite a limited budget, this appeals to a person like me.
    The only problem I've run into is the method in which to acquire one of these pieces of history. Sites like AIM Surplus and Centerfire systems have good deals on 'em, but shipping and FFL fees (I don't have a C&R.. yet) make it more expensive than intended.
    Are there any good brick and mortar deals here in Oklahoma City or Moore? I'm looking to pay about $125-$130 for the rifle (as factoring in shipping and FFL fees would make $100 internet buy come out to that), but I've only seen ripoff deals ($150-$200 for plain- Jane 91/30s).
    I've been to several gun shows, but good deals aren't exactly abound there (thought I might've seen a couple $100 Mosins at a few) and no local gun stores (H&H to name one) don't seem to stock 'em. Again, if I do find a Mosin- Nagant at a gun store/ pawn shop, it's usually overpriced.
    Please give a brother some help. I've done quite a bit of searching myself and I haven't seem to come up with anything.

2. kinggabby

kinggabby Sharpshooter

Take a look to your right . Sooner State Pawn might carry some. If not they might know who would .

3. KenDaMastuh

KenDaMastuh Marksman

I did see Sooner State Pawn pop up while searching for Mosins. Checking their website, it seems that they haven't listed any Mosin- Nagants. Would it be likely that they still carried a few crates of them even if they're not listed on their site?

4. ssgrock3

ssgrock3 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    if I remember right, Sooner state pawn did buy a few crates. Call them. They are open today.

5. KenDaMastuh

KenDaMastuh Marksman

I actually just called them a while ago. A guy at the southern location answered and said they didn't have any, but their northern location might. I'll head up there when I can.

6. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    tommy and todd at sooner pawn get them in from time to time. most often though, they are not listed in the firearms for sale on their site. probably because they go so fast. i was in the south store about a month ago and they had some including some hex recievers. you might also try Big Boys in wheatland (east Mustang) they usually have quite a few. they start at 129 though.

7. SoonerStatePawn

SoonerStatePawn Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm putting in an order Monday morning for some Mosin Nagant rifles. I should have them in by the end of the week next week.

-Tommy
    South Location

8. kinggabby

kinggabby Sharpshooter

You can send my finders fee ( Mosin Nagant ) for trying to send you some business .:w000t:

9. KenDaMastuh

KenDaMastuh Marksman

Cool, that means if I don't pick one up this week (not too likely), I know the south location will have some when I'm ready to shop again. :)
    Any ideas on the Mosin inventory at the northern location, though? As I said, I called earlier and a guy said the northern location might have some for sale.

10. ssgrock3

ssgrock3 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    when you get a chance, sign up for emails from copes distributing. They have had 440 rusty can deals on 7.62x54r ammo that was $65 or so. and even after shipping it was a deal, they do flat rate shipping so the more you buy the better the deal.