Best place to sell guns in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said in my first post, I know that retailers offer less but they'll usually be willing to buy it on sight and I won't have to waste my time hoping for a buyer to be interested. Everything is a tradeoff between time, money, and risk.

So that's why I'm hoping to get recommendations on which local shops aren't total ripoffs when it comes to buying guns.

Consider consigning it to a dealer. Decent priced 9mm handguns are moving fast and at very good prices. Even after a 10% commission it may still bring you more than you might get selling it on your own.
Several do it. Sooner State Pawn is a good place to use in OKC. I’ve sold a few through Firearms Solutions in Duncan.

Keep in mind that if the gun doesn’t sell, you have to complete a 4473 to retrieve it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Boys did me right on a trade but like was stated common gun it was not.

My trade was a 1957 Browning Sweet 16 semi Automatic shotgun. Nearly flawless only marks on it were from where the shells entered and exited the gun. Way too nice for me to hunt with. I would have put a scratch or 10 on it.
I wanted a New .308 Heavy barrel Savage 24" barrel with accutrigger.
They ordered me a brand new one and the trade was done. No money exchanged hands.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take it to a gunshow, walking around with it will probably peek the interest of someone. I think you would have better luck that way.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there's not as much to be made when selling to a retailer, but among the various places that do buy guns in the city, does anyone know which one offers the fairest prices?
No place. Try here, sell to a trusted member. Toss it up in the classifieds and see what happens. If your gun is in good shape and not overpriced, someone will buy it for a little if not a lot more than a dealer will give you. If you don't do any good, you can always kill the ad and dump it at a gun shop.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Consider consigning it to a dealer. Decent priced 9mm handguns are moving fast and at very good prices. Even after a 10% commission it may still bring you more than you might get selling it on your own.
Several do it. Sooner State Pawn is a good place to use in OKC. I’ve sold a few through Firearms Solutions in Duncan.

Keep in mind that if the gun doesn’t sell, you have to complete a 4473 to retrieve it.

Have you seen the new 4473 ? Here on out it's paperless if there's any more $$ spent..

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Big Boys did me right on a trade but like was stated common gun it was not.

My trade was a 1957 Browning Sweet 16 semi Automatic shotgun. Nearly flawless only marks on it were from where the shells entered and exited the gun. Way too nice for me to hunt with. I would have put a scratch or 10 on it.
I wanted a New .308 Heavy barrel Savage 24" barrel with accutrigger.
They ordered me a brand new one and the trade was done. No money exchanged hands.
So they traded you a rifle that was worth about half the value of the Sweet Sixteen.

That's about what I would expect.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If you were a dealer what would you pay for it? They’re in business to make money so they are going to offer less than a private buyer. Post it here with decent pics and a fair price. Sure you might get some low baller offers to ignore but maybe an established member will want to buy it.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's always a great trade/sale when everyone involved is happy!
Ignorance is bliss!

(And if you believe that, there should be a lot more happy people.[emoji16])

I just don't like seeing people getting taken advantage of by dealers or anyone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom