Best place to sell guns in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Place it on here or Armslist. Gun shops are like pawn shops, they have to make a profit. I don't ever trade in a car, sell it. I liked Big Boys before they built the new shop. Now I don't ever go there. Rather deal with SSP.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So they traded you a rifle that was worth about half the value of the Sweet Sixteen.

That was over a decade ago and the cheapest I could get that .308 was $625.
I listed the Sweet 16 for $850. No bites at all.
I had to collectors look at it and told me the shotgun was worth 850.

Yea I suppose if ya want to sit on it.

I was happy Big Boys was happy.
They sold it for under 700.

I got the sweet 16 and a .22 with a scope fora transmission I had $250 in.
Sold the scope and sold the .22 and had $90 in that shotgun.

I sold that .308 about a year ago some guy at the range was watching me shoot it and I was handloading ammo at the range.
I let him load some and he stated he never shot a gun that was so accurate and just had to have it.

I had cut the barrel to 20.5" I told him I do not sell my good guns and he said I will give you 650 for it.
I said without scope and it is yours.

Sold it and went and bought an 18" heavy barrel Savage .308 10SR in 18" at Academy and had money left over.
That one is just as accurate.
Love the short barrel rifles.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Consider consigning it to a dealer. Decent priced 9mm handguns are moving fast and at very good prices. Even after a 10% commission it may still bring you more than you might get selling it on your own.
Several do it. Sooner State Pawn is a good place to use in OKC. I’ve sold a few through Firearms Solutions in Duncan.

Keep in mind that if the gun doesn’t sell, you have to complete a 4473 to retrieve it.

+1...as inexpensive as the consignment fee is at SSP that's the route I'd go if the OP doesn't want to mess with a private sale. Their inventory turns over fairly quickly, especially given the current climate. When I trade anything in there, it's normally sold within 1-2 weeks of being offered for sale.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried selling here but I think the guns I'm selling are too common and unless I sell my M&P for $100, you guys aren't gonna be interested.

The only guns I've had success selling here were an old Mosin Nagant and some SNS type pistols.. junk guns that were cheap enough to take a risk on.

If you have a Ruger Mark 2 22 pistol and/ or a Browning Sweet 16 shot gun Im a player and will pay well for them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom