Best reticle for hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of hunting are you planning on using this scope on? For 99% of my hunting, I would never need to calculate MOA or adjust turrets. I do NOT like a really fine cross hair for hunting as it will be difficult to see in low light. Every manufacturer seems to have its own design of cross hair now and name. I like a basic duplex design as 99% of my shots are within the range that I can hold the cross hair on the animal where I want to impact and I will be on the money due to knowing the ballistics and sighting in accordingly to be within a safe margin out to 300 yards.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 30-30 reticle for deer hunting.
tasco3030.jpg

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use this as my hunting reticle and am able to hold over/off when the distance increases. It's a FFP reticle and I would suggest illumination when going this route. There are also other brands of "Christmas Tree" reticles out there.

As far as having time to make adjustments, I use a wrist coach with my ballistic data on it when hunting. Most times while antelope hunting I have time to shoot a laser before the shot. The problem is, they can cover a lot of ground and it usually takes several laser shots. When hunting on my dads farm, I've pre-ranged so many land marks over the years I rarely need to shoot a laser.

ebr-2b.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom