Best Sub- Compact 9mm Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vote for:

M&P-9C (Currently carry)
Kahr CW-9 (Sometimes carry)
Kel-Tec PF-9 (Used to carry)

Try the Ruger LC-9 - it is well made but I didn't care for the trigger - others seem to like it - size is definitely good

I haven't tried a Bersa BP-9cc yet (but want to). I used to own a Bersa and dollar for dollar it was a very good bargain priced gun - not fancy but it was good. If the SC 9mm is made to the same standard it will be a good choice

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr P/PM/CW/CM9? Glock 26? EMP? Xd? Somthing else? What is the consensus for the overall best sub-compact 9mm for carry?

"Best" doesn't exist, but I think the Kahr series is pretty good for their size. I personally could never get used to the trigger system. Great, smooth trigger, but the long reset was just too different from my other handguns, and I constantly short-stroked it. I'm currently trying out a PPS. So far, it is fairly impressive. I prefer its trigger and reset to the Kahr. The PM9 is smaller making pocket carry easier, but honestly, I found the PM9 too large to comfortably carry in my front pockets anyways.

I have yet to see if the PPS really offers more benefits vs disadvantages compared to the Glock 26/M&P9c.

Ultimately, "best" depends on use. Do you want to pocket carry? R9 or PM9 is probably your best bet.

Thin IWB, Kahr P9 or PPS is probably your best bet.

Double stack "subcompact", Glock 26 or M&P9c is probably your best bet.

Happy hunting.

Last edited:

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me its a Glock 26, I currently have a M&P9c that I am trying to get used to but I am really considering going back to the G26.

Just curious as to what it is that's bugging you about the M&P9c. I'm a Glock guy myself, but I've considered picking one up at some point, so I'd be interested in hearing why you can't get used to it.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious as to what it is that's bugging you about the M&P9c. I'm a Glock guy myself, but I've considered picking one up at some point, so I'd be interested in hearing why you can't get used to it.

I would bet that I'm kind of in the same place as F16mickey but with the M&P9 and Glock 17. I really like the M&P. The Apex FSS trigger makes it a dream to shoot. The interchangeable grips make it extremely comfortable. I have spent so long with Glocks, however, that when I switch back and start to handle the 17, it's like an old friend. That familiarity is hard to shake. I have to mentally "work" with the newer M&P, while the muscle memory with the old Glock just feels like that natural extension of my body. Either way, both are excellent, and I don't see myself getting rid of either one anytime soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom