Best Sub- Compact 9mm Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have owned and own most of what have been listed but at the end of the day I still walk out the door with my 6 yr old XD sub and a BUG (which right now is a new Kel Tec P-9 that replaced a P-11).

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious as to what it is that's bugging you about the M&P9c. I'm a Glock guy myself, but I've considered picking one up at some point, so I'd be interested in hearing why you can't get used to it.
There is not really any problem with the M&P9c but like BigRed eluded to I have just spent so much time with Glocks it hard to get away from them, they are like old friends. I should also say that I am pretty heavily invested in Glocks Ie holsters, mags, tools and other accessories. I only have about 500 rounds through the M&P so I am going to give it a little while longer to see if it can win me over.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would bet that I'm kind of in the same place as F16mickey but with the M&P9 and Glock 17. I really like the M&P. The Apex FSS trigger makes it a dream to shoot. The interchangeable grips make it extremely comfortable. I have spent so long with Glocks, however, that when I switch back and start to handle the 17, it's like an old friend. That familiarity is hard to shake. I have to mentally "work" with the newer M&P, while the muscle memory with the old Glock just feels like that natural extension of my body. Either way, both are excellent, and I don't see myself getting rid of either one anytime soon.

I think that is the way it is for a lot of Glock owners. I owned a M&P9c and went back to the Glock. Familiarity takes awhile which I already had with the 26 and other Glock models. Nothing wrong with the M&P, just could not get used to it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is not really any problem with the M&P9c but like BigRed eluded to I have just spent so much time with Glocks it hard to get away from them, they are like old friends. I should also say that I am pretty heavily invested in Glocks Ie holsters, mags, tools and other accessories. I only have about 500 rounds through the M&P so I am going to give it a little while longer to see if it can win me over.

Yep, kinda same boat here...and they are just ...well, they're Glocks and once you get Glock-it-is; it's hard to shake.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
For a very small, easily concealed 9mm, Kahr PM9. For me, if you're going to carry a 26, you can just as easily carry a 19 and gain 5 more rounds. I do like Glocks but sure with they made a thinner one.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

F16mickey,

If you just can't stand that M&P I will take it off your hands - we old F-15E WSOs are always willing to help out you F16 guys!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a very small, easily concealed 9mm, Kahr PM9. For me, if you're going to carry a 26, you can just as easily carry a 19 and gain 5 more rounds. I do like Glocks but sure with they made a thinner one.

...Don't we all brother; don't we all...

Latest posts

Top Bottom