billet how can you tell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats awesome. we need more pilots both private and professional. Most people don't realize that there's more to flying than the big iron.

I'd gladly take a giant pay cut fly for a living. I have my private, multi and instrument, though my multi hasn't been current if a very long time. I keep my IFR up and shoot as many approaches as I can because when you need that skill, nothing else will do. not autopilot, not ATC. nothing. Learn to love your IFR and always keeps the tools for flying in the soup current. I wish you luck in your aviation career!

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not in a hurry to get a job flying. I can make more as a mechanic, hell, I make more as a dump truck driver than a cherry FO makes. I'm just expanding my skill set on the GI Bill, and after I Finish the degree, I want to use some of what I have left in the GI Bill to get my rotary wing rating. I am thinking of doing seaplane too, up at Grand lake. One other reason for taking my time on getting the flying gig: I want to LIKE to fly, and I'm fairly certain that working ANYWHERE other than GA will ruin it for me. I would be much happier working as an A&P and instructing on the side, or vice-versa. One thing I REALLY want to do is work with the EAA, and I will gladly fly some of their heavies around during airshow season. (B-17, B-24, B-25)

Latest posts

Top Bottom