Binoculars advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin bought some of the Canon IS series a few years ago. The image stabilization is unbelievable and let's you glass a lot longer/harder without the headache.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The family is doing a lot more camping and hiking these days. My old crappy football game binoculars just aren't cutting the mustard anymore. I'm mostly spotting wildlife on the move and looking around while on hikes.

I've been looking at these: https://www.celestron.com/products/regal-ed-10x42-roof-prism-binoculars

But what's good these days in your opinion?
I love my Vortex Razor HD .....but I would likely buy something less expensive next time but they have a lifetime warranty so I will never buy another pair but if i did .....I’d buy something else

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wanted some binoculars so back in 1966 when I was in Vietnam servicing my country, I went to the Canadian BX and bought a pair for $16.50. They're good ones but I can't see well with both eyes due to high astigmatism so I can only use on eye with my binoculars. shouldn't have bought a telescope. But $16.50 back then was. fair sum of money.
$16.50 in 1965 is worth $136.15 today

Latest posts

Top Bottom