Black Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I was wondering how you made it to 1000 yards without a base that has an incline. Alot of scopes(30mm tubes included) struggle to make 1000 yards with the .308 win. without a taper on the base. What specific load were you shooting?

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I was wondering how you made it to 1000 yards without a base that has an incline. Alot of scopes(30mm tubes included) struggle to make 1000 yards with the .308 win. without a taper on the base. What specific load were you shooting?

I was shooting 118LR. I'm on the base shooting team, its the same round as issued to the military. I had no problems reaching 1000 yards. I think the load was 155 grain, I think. Had a great day shooting that day will definitely be going back and shoot again. I plan on shooting my own load but I've got to do my homework.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool, I'd like to go to their next match. I need to check the schedule.

Same here - I started out with the same rifle (from SportsWorld) and did a lot of the same things.

I've heard those Super Sniper scopes have quite a bit of adjustment but that's pretty impressive on a Zero MOA two-piece base. I would guess that at 1000yds that thing is close to maxed on elevation. How do you like it for those long-range shots - is it fairly clear? Plenty of room in your field of view?

What smith did you use?

I'd upgrade your base to a Badger 1-piece base and take the rifle up to Mechanical Accuracy in Jones and have him blueprint your action (if you haven't already done that). Steve will re-cut your chamber too if it needs it. I've heard it makes a huge difference but I've yet to shoot mine (just got it back from him this week).

He told me that he actually prefers the B&C Medalist stocks to the HS Precision (I've got an HS). I really like that B&C you've got - I was going to get one just like it until I found out the wait to get it from the particular place I was ordering (and getting a good price) was several weeks

I'd love to head out and shoot with some of the other long-range guys on here when I get mine sighted in.

That's a sharp looking rifle man.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here - I started out with the same rifle (from SportsWorld) and did a lot of the same things.

I've heard those Super Sniper scopes have quite a bit of adjustment but that's pretty impressive on a Zero MOA two-piece base. I would guess that at 1000yds that thing is close to maxed on elevation. How do you like it for those long-range shots - is it fairly clear? Plenty of room in your field of view?

What smith did you use?

I'd upgrade your base to a Badger 1-piece base and take the rifle up to Mechanical Accuracy in Jones and have him blueprint your action (if you haven't already done that). Steve will re-cut your chamber too if it needs it. I've heard it makes a huge difference but I've yet to shoot mine (just got it back from him this week).

He told me that he actually prefers the B&C Medalist stocks to the HS Precision (I've got an HS). I really like that B&C you've got - I was going to get one just like it until I found out the wait to get it from the particular place I was ordering (and getting a good price) was several weeks

I'd love to head out and shoot with some of the other long-range guys on here when I get mine sighted in.

That's a sharp looking rifle man.

I got to hold off for awhile, wife says I need to pace myself on spending on my hobby. 6 or 8 months from now, I'll be doing something to it.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that a factory barrel cut down? I really like the brake. Is it very loud. I have the same rifle with a B&C target varmint stock and the factory 26in barrel with a Ziess 3.5x10 and was thinking about adding a good brake. Is the M118LR like 173 or 175 grain? My rifle has trouble with the 175g but seems to really like the 155 and 168g Amaxs with the 1-12 twist.

Dustin

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that a factory barrel cut down? I really like the brake. Is it very loud. I have the same rifle with a B&C target varmint stock and the factory 26in barrel with a Ziess 3.5x10 and was thinking about adding a good brake. Is the M118LR like 173 or 175 grain? My rifle has trouble with the 175g but seems to really like the 155 and 168g Amaxs with the 1-12 twist.

Dustin

Yea its a factory barrell and a JP break. Its a little loud but not bad. I didn't like how the M118lr shot. I think it is 155 or 175 not sure would have to look it up. I'm hoping to get to go to Red Castle this afternoon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom