1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Black Guns Matter Founder on Conservatives' Problems

Discussion in 'News Links' started by TerryMiller, Mar 3, 2019.

1. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  2. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

So conservatives are too busy making a living and being productive to make snowmen out of snow flakes..
    I should reach out and nurture those not my own ?
    It is too dangerous to reach out and enrich another, they'll turn around and bite you..

Seadog, dennishoddy and D. Hargrove like this.
  3. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have not either, I looked pretty darn hard here at the CO-OP and the Diner, even stopped by the truck stop, not one single leftist to be found. I did find a great deal on Farm Diesel though..... <Humor Terry, Humor>

4. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Some good points for us to consider. We keep saying, " shall not infringe", and the majority of the public doesn't see the "common sense" ideas as infringing. All they see is the media reporting another shooting and then interview the goober that fits the "gun nut" stereotype. We could stand to improve our public image and do a better job of explaining the purpose of 2A.

dennishoddy and TerryMiller like this.
  5. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    OK so let me get this straight, it is the conservatives fault that you do not understand your second amendment rights? :screwy:

dennishoddy likes this.
  6. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I really don't think the guy's comments were related simply to 2A rights, but overall conservative philosophy instead. His group may deal more with 2A rights, but most people in the urban communities likely adhere to what the main stream media and liberal politicians tell them.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    DavidMcMillan likes this.
  7. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My over all conservative philosophy is to go figure out life for myself, I read , I question and I seek out people that are smarter than me and ask questions!! What I do not do is sit around waiting on some group to come tell me how to think and act.
    For him to say it is the conservatives fault for not getting feet on the ground is to say all inner city people are ignorant and incapable of thinking for themselves. And here is another side , not all liberals are ignorant of their second amendment rights, in my case the Libs I know are gun people.
    I grew up poor as dirt , I got a job at 14 and have worked ever since to better myself . It was a personal choice that I made, the people in the inner city have the same choices I have and to say that it is another groups fault is projecting!

Seadog and D. Hargrove like this.
  8. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So, are you fine with the city dwellers getting their indoctrination from the libs and media alone? In case you haven't realized it, that is EXACTLY what the libs and media want. Given their progressive ways of achieving their goals, bit by bit, they could very well get the Congress and Presidency at some point with enough liberals in office to repeal the 2A. "Maybe" they won't get every state to ratify such a repeal, but are you willing to chance that?

Personally, I visit with people a lot that aren't of a conservative nature and help clue them in to a more common sense belief. I won't say I convince them all, but at least I'm trying.

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  9. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Terry I will talk to anybody that will listen and I do all the time! What I won't do is take the blame for other peoples ignorance.
    This guy is saying inner city peoples thinking is my fault and that is baloney!
    The inner city problem is created by personal choices and now this guy is saying it is conservatives fault.
    Place the blame where it belongs, personal accountability for the decisions you make is on you not on a group of others!! There are programs, college , grant money and all sorts of other programs inner city Americans can access to pull themselves up and make something of themselves. But when they don't it is somehow someone else's fault .

I think inner city folks are by and large intelligent enough to understand what is going on in the world and make their choice of what they want to do with their life.

Seadog likes this.
  10. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

That's not what he's saying at all.

You're taking this as fixing blame, when what he's really trying to do is fix the problem. He's not saying this is the fault of conservatives; he's saying that things are the way they are because those folks are only hearing one side of the issues, and conservatives need to engage with them to make sure they hear more than that one side. In short, he's laying out the problem and actions that need to be taken to correct it.

DavidMcMillan and Aries like this.