1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Black Guns Matter Founder on Conservatives' Problems

Discussion in 'News Links' started by TerryMiller, Mar 3, 2019.

1. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    He is laying blame " conservatives have not done enough" the conservative message is out there as well as the liberal, you can access the info hundreds of ways. How you personally choose to make your decisions is on you.
    What else should we do ? Walk the streets and wave banners and scream at the top of our lungs!!
    No the info is there, read it, study it and discuss it with your piers and make your own decisions.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That is pretty clear, "right of the people" does not say rednecks, does not say conservatives, does not say inner city folks are excluded.

2. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

You are underlining the problem. The liberals are out there pushing their message while conservatives are saying the information is out there.

Again, this is not about blame, it is about what is happening. If one side is pushing their message and pushing their agenda while the other side says "the info is out there," which side do you think is going to be heard?

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This comment of his stood out:
    "The conservative movement has failed where we have not created enough and supported enough urban liaisons. The Left has done an amazing job of convincing urban America that the conservative room is a Klan rally. They've done it," Toure said. "[They're] saying these things to say they don't trust you. People, right now, urban America, under a falsehood, does not trust you. What liaisons have you linked with that are already doing the work in urban America to highlight and spread our ideals of freedom?"

He is exactly correct IMHO.(bolded part) Folks in the liberal ran inner cities have been indoctrinating generations of kids in public schools. Children become adults and parents, thus the cycle starts again.
    There is never any discussion of how good guns can be, they are only taught how bad guns and gun rights are. They don't see the need to research why guns are good because they know they are bad and only bad people own them.
    Folks in inner cities live in a small bubble unlike us in the midwest. Their entire life can be spent in one square mile or so in their hood or turf.
    Break that cycle, and you've created a new class of folks that appreciate something out of their bubble and this guy is advocating for that.
    I'd love to get someone like AOC that has lived her life in her little bubble of liberalism into the midwest and have her spend a year or two on farms and cattle ranches while trying to make a living at either.
    A lot of folks that have never experienced things like shooting guns, riding motorcycles, hunting, fishing, etc are against them because they've never experienced them in a positive light.
    Never had a mentor to guide them through the learning process. Here in the midwest most had family's that passed on the gun values, so it comes naturally to us.
    The reason I sympathise with some of your comments is that I was raised in a liberal family, the only one other than my grandfather to ever own a gun on my mothers or fathers side immediate family. As soon as I got 16 and had owned a .410 shotgun for a couple of years already, he gave me his SXS that he had passed down to him as soon as he could get it out of the house. He hated it being there. An Uncle had a fleeting interest in the outdoors when I was a young teen, but he spent 15 years dying from botched operations and finally cancer.
    I got the bug from reading outdoors books from the library and learning from outdoor magazines.
    So, I did what you did and advocate doing the same, but we will never see inner city folks hanging out at the library. It's up to advocates of the shooting sports to go into the communities and spread the knowledge. Just my opinion.

4. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    In a sense, I feel that I have a responsibility to help others learn conservatism and its benefits. I remember that in 2000, I was working for the OSBI and was working with some ladies prior to the election. They asked me who I would vote for, and I answered that it would be about anyone but Al Gore. When they asked me why, I explained that he believed in late term abortions. Shockingly, the ladies told me that they didn't even know what a late term abortion was.

In other words, my influence on others is not limited to my children and grandchildren. If I can reach out to neighbors and acquaintances, I should also reach out to strangers.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    DavidMcMillan likes this.
  5. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I rarely get out much these days, even with people like myself. So I'm not sure how I'd go about discussing this with urbanites in their own environment.

However, I do spend a lot of time over on Reddit. It's a weird place full of weird and sometimes wonderful people. There is so much disinformation there though and the vibe is definitely liberal/left. Even the Oklahoma and Tulsa "subs" are pretty much full of liberals. It isn't the 100% echo chamber that places like Democratic Underground and Daily Kos though. So I correct the record when necessary and support "urban" 2nd Amendment activism on there. I talk a lot about the Constitution (all of it, not just the BoR) and how the media and politicians completely misrepresent our system of government. I even manage to get admissions from some of the lefties over there on things they never knew or understood.

So I guess in my own way I'm trying to do my part? :anyone: