Black Kettle WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of it is under utilized. I would get a good map and spend at least Saturday of opening weekend just doing recon on parcels and number of vehicles. Take a notes so you can pick a few to scout and hunt more in depth.
I have a friend of family that they go every year 4-7 men each year for deer camp. They rarely see someone from another hunting party. It isn't a freezer filler hunt for all of them, but usually around 50% of them harvest a buck and they all have a great time.
We are going Thursday morning before, gonna spend Thursday and Friday scouting things out.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started hunting public land in Georgia. It was scary! Cdschoonie I would hunt the hunters if I was you. Look for areas where people are gonna push the deer when they are walking in. Be in your spot early and watch the flashlights all over walking in. My place in Woodward county is small. It's private land but I can see 8 tower blinds from mine. Nobody hunts until rifle season up there. I make sure i'm in my blind before the neighbors. I'm usually in the blind by 4:30 am. Everyone always walks in on fence lines it seems and always push the deer on me.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started hunting public land in Georgia. It was scary! Cdschoonie I would hunt the hunters if I was you. Look for areas where people are gonna push the deer when they are walking in. Be in your spot early and watch the flashlights all over walking in. My place in Woodward county is small. It's private land but I can see 8 tower blinds from mine. Nobody hunts until rifle season up there. I make sure i'm in my blind before the neighbors. I'm usually in the blind by 4:30 am. Everyone always walks in on fence lines it seems and always push the deer on me.
Great advice!

joshuacarrifee35

Marksman
Reaction score
Heading to black kettle for the 2023 rifle hunt coming up from Tucson Arizona. Does anyone know how the deer hunting has been lately. Was looking at other public land to hunt but black kettle is closer. If anyone has advice on the please let me know cause all help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Heading to black kettle for the 2023 rifle hunt coming up from Tucson Arizona. Does anyone know how the deer hunting has been lately. Was looking at other public land to hunt but black kettle is closer. If anyone has advice on the please let me know cause all help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Record drought, and no shortage of deer hunters. BK is a popular spot.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how good the fishing is a Dead Indian Lake (if it hasn't been renamed by now)?

I used to quail hunt out there and always wanted to go back in the summer and fish but never did.

joshuacarrifee35

Marksman
Reaction score
Honestly we're used to hiking in about 2 miles of mountains. So that's no problem. Just wondering if BK is a decent spot to go or if there's any other recommendations on places. If anyone ever comes to Arizona to hunt for coues whitetail or elk im willing to help with some great advice on some monster bulls or some big bucks

Latest posts

Top Bottom