Black or Brown Leather Holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any advantages to either? Someone told me black lets you draw .0001% faster, but brown looks nicer...or do you just make sure it matches your shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yes, one should definitely choose the color of one's holster to coordinate with one's other accessories. Not only your shoes, but your belt, mag pouch(es), light holder (if worn), knife pouch (if worn). While it is absolutely true that black does offer a miniscule but perhaps tactically quicker draw, averaging *(1) 0.0001%, brown can often be used to one's advantage specifically by NOT matching the other items worn. The idea with a brown holster, thus worn, is to cause your assailant to pause, in what is known as "fashion shock", as he wonders why in the world you would choose a brown holster to be worn on a black belt! (Or vice-versa). Even more such shock can be afflicted on an unwary assailant if one selects a variety of mis-matched items such as the mag pouch, et. al. So, the choice, grasshoppa, is yours: Choose matching holster, belt and other accoutrements to color coordinate, giving the impression that you approach ninja-like mastery of the combative skills, or * (2) deliberately mis-match your EDC supporting wear to throw your opponent into "fashion shock".

*(1) Note: The given time advantage is an average; your ATMV. (actual time may vary)

*(2) Note: This approach will only work properly if one carries concealed. It will not work to elicit "fashion shock" if worn in an open carry mode. Those who do carry openly, however, in this mis-matched style, are sometimes viewed as ultra-ninja, in that they even outwardly guffaw and are saying to others; "Go ahead punk; make my day".

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget about the uber-ninjas out there who really mix it up by incorporating the use of leather and kydex at the same time. Such as a leather holster and kydex mag pouch or vice-versa.

Then you have guys such as myself who sometimes wears a leather holster with a nylon instructors belt, to eliminate the dreaded holster creak, which can compromise your position in Walmart whilst trying to sneak up on a frozen pizza without giving away your position.

Good luck!

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see that professor druyj forgot to mention the advantages of a one size fits most nylon holster with that handy retention strap that has the velcro on it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see that professor druyj forgot to mention the advantages of a one size fits most nylon holster with that handy retention strap that has the velcro on it.

If I have to tell you about it, you aren’t mall ninja savvy enough to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom