1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Black Pastor Criticizes Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'News Links' started by TerryMiller, Mar 9, 2021.

1. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Looks like BLM doesn't necessarily have the support of the black community in Chicago.

Black Lives Matter and America's Struggling Neighborhoods

"Several weeks ago, I traveled to Woodlawn on the South Side of Chicago, and as I drove through the icy streets past businesses and homes, I did not see a single Black Lives Matter sign. After parking my car on King Drive, I entered the New Beginnings Church where Pastor Corey Brooks greeted me. I joked that I thought Black Lives Matter would see more support in this neighborhood, and he just smiled. Then I asked if his nonprofit, a community center called Project H.O.O.D., had received any of the $90 million that Black Lives Matter had raised since the death of George Floyd -- and he let out a drawn-out, "nooooo."

His community had suffered horribly after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis last May. Pharmacies and grocery stores were looted and trashed, leaving residents, many of them poor, without basic necessities. The pastor organized for church members to shuttle their fellow neighbors to pharmacies and stores in other towns so they would not have to go without medicines or food.

The pastor wondered if the looted stores would ever come back. He had spent the last two decades in this neighborhood improving it every possible way so businesses would set up shop and provide countless employment opportunities to the locals. But, who would invest hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, only to lose everything in a night of violence?"

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  2. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Sad deal for everybody, except the criminals. :/

Fredkrueger100 and swampratt like this.
  3. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The most frustrating part of this to me is not only the point of the above article, but also the fact that this “movement” has destroyed public perception of “protest”. It cheapens (wrong word I know) previous movements that actually did good, like sit ins before my time, and the like. It also encourages future violence to further causes, regardless of their merit. Previously movements actually did good, encouraged progress, and remembered their communities at the end of everything. Movements now seem to be more about yelling and virtue signaling, as opposed to gaining a desired end.

Even looking here in OKC, all those individuals who protested and marched downtown, busting windows and burning stuff have done nothing aside from ask for apologies and make ridiculous requests. Not one person in that group/organization (to my knowledge) stepped forward to open a much needed grocery store, help with pushing for school improvements, or other needed good in the NE side of town out near Jones and Dunjee. Not one person even asked for donations to start said things either. Rather they want people fired and donations to get people out of jail for inciting violence or terrorism, neither of which help the community. It’s frustrating beyond belief.

Lee Beaittie and MacFromOK like this.
  4. Fredkrueger100

Fredkrueger100 Come to Freddy!!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    All BLM is good for is destroying this country. One community at a time.

Lee Beaittie likes this.