Blade-Tech Bobby McGee Nano IWB Holster review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently received a new holster and I thought I would share a quick review. As mentioned in the title it is a Blade-Tech Bobby McGee Nano IWB kydex holster

First some pictures then some comments:

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P1130007.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P1130011.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P1130012.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P1130013.jpg

I got this holster with IDPA in mind but it is very comfortable for everyday carry as well. I would think this is the thinnest holster you can get unless someone makes one out of thinner kydex. It is like having two straps attached directly to your gun!

Other nice features are the [rubber] straps are adjustable for different belt sizes without buying new straps (see last picture). Also, the straps can be attached to the body through two different mounting holes for adjustable cant or ride height.

Retention adjustment is via a single screw. The straps are spread apart a little more than the typical "summer special" style holsters which makes for a more stable carry. As usual with an IWB holster you should always use a good stiff belt.

I will give this holster a 4.5 hollowpoint rating (out of five) I know some of you are leather holster snobs (Like me) but this is every bit as comfortable as my other IWB holster that are made from leather and are much more expensive.

Addendum: I paid $35 for this at a secret indeterminate location. I think even at the retail price of $55 it is a good deal. My rating is not based on cost.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently received a new holster and I thought I would share a quick review. As mentioned in the title it is a Blade-Tech Bobby McGee Nano IWB kydex holster

First some pictures then some comments:

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P1130007.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P1130011.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P1130012.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P1130013.jpg

I got this holster with IDPA in mind but it is very comfortable for everyday carry as well. I would think this is the thinnest holster you can get unless someone makes one out of thinner kydex. It is like having two straps attached directly to your gun!

Other nice features are the [rubber] straps are adjustable for different belt sizes without buying new straps (see last picture). Also, the straps can be attached to the body through two different mounting holes for adjustable cant or ride height.

Retention adjustment is via a single screw. The straps are spread apart a little more than the typical "summer special" style holsters which makes for a more stable carry. As usual with an IWB holster you should always use a good stiff belt.

I will give this holster a 4.5 hollowpoint rating (out of five) I know some of you are leather holster snobs (Like me) but this is every bit as comfortable as my other IWB holster that are made from leather and are much more expensive.

Addendum: I paid $35 for this at a secret indeterminate location. I think even at the retail price of $55 it is a good deal. My rating is not based on cost.

When clips, belt loops, or rubber straps are off-set, the Holter makes a thinner bulge. When it attaches on the outside of the gun like shown, it tends to bulge a little more because the snaps snapping around the belt poke out. IMHO
However, I like the Holster. I have an OWB Galco Matrix and it has rubber straps like that and I like it too.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When clips, belt loops, or rubber straps are off-set, the Holter makes a thinner bulge. When it attaches on the outside of the gun like shown, it tends to bulge a little more because the snaps snapping around the belt poke out. IMHO
However, I like the Holster. I have an OWB Galco Matrix and it has rubber straps like that and I like it too.

I will agree with that point but the way these straps are situated and the fact that this is some thin kydex you really don't notice much difference than a holster with offset loops like a VM II or my UBG Canute.

It also seems to carry a little lower than my Canute. Would you agree (see pic). It is definitely less cant!

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_PA250002.jpg

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will agree with that point but the way these straps are situated and the fact that this is some thin kydex you really don't notice much difference than a holster with offset loops like a VM II or my UBG Canute.

It also seems to carry a little lower than my Canute. Would you agree (see pic). It is definitely less cant!

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_PA250002.jpg

I agree. Where did you say you got the rubber straps from?

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying this holster all week and I actually think, for this particular gun, it may be more comfortable than my leather ones mentioned above.

It stays put with my belt and doesn't "walk" around any at all.

Of coure I will NEVER carry my 1911 in kydex. That just ain't right. :)

BC

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so... do i get royalty payments for the name???? ;)

(just kidding of course).

looks like its made very nicely.

suggestion to whoever is making them.... run the kydex on the inside on up to cover the mag release button and protect it from being accidently pushed in. (plus, its kinda sharp and might eventually irritate your skin).

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
suggestion to whoever is making them.... run the kydex on the inside on up to cover the mag release button and protect it from being accidently pushed in. (plus, its kinda sharp and might eventually irritate your skin).

Good idea but I wonder if there would be a bigger risk of the release being inadvertently depressed if the kydex covered the release than if it didn't?

Latest posts

Top Bottom