Blazer Brass vs Federal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defender56

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed that Wal-Mart is carrying Federal for the same price ($8.97) as Blazer Brass. I've shot a lot of Blazer Brass and always had good results. I think the Federal is a new offering or at least I don't remember it. Does anyone have any opinions as to which is better? My guess is that they are pretty much the same except the box ends on Blazer are harder to get open.

lpcullen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In this day and age that seems like a decent deal price wise. I've always had great luck with Blazer Brass 9mm and .45 acp, but Federal makes good ammo too. I've not tried any of the federal 9mm yet, but every other caliber I've bought from them has performed well and I really love their brass for reloading. Just my 2 cents. I bet you wouldn't have any problems with it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I would tend to prefer Federal, one thing I appreciate about Blazer is hwo clean it seems to burn. It takes a lot less tumbling to get the brass clean inside & out for reloading.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought some Blazer brass .45 last year. Out of every box at least 1 round was seated improperly. that type of quality control bothers me. Especially since I have had zero problems with Blazer aluminum case ammo.
Caveat Emptor.
Dave

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You'll find nearly the same amount of varying opinions on this subject as you will find varying a$$holes on the same guys with said opinions.

Only one way to answer your question, shoot both....alot! ;)

Do us all a solid and buy a case of each, shoot both cases in one setting with multiple guns and report back to us!

LOL!

~Stephen

RyansFortyFives

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've shot exclusively Blazer Brass for practice for several years now. Out of the last 1,500 rounds I have purchased, only one round was questionable, and even then, it still fired and was accurate as expected. I've never had cycling problems with it either.

I will echo Glocktogo here and agree, it is a very very clean burning ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom