Blisters from shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a new Kimber SOLO and took it to the range Monday night for its break-in. I put 60+ rounds through it (without a single malfunction) but got a nasty blister/raw spot on my thumb joint by the webbing of my hand. I have never had a gun do this to me before, and I have shot ALLOT of different guns. I have been experimenting with different grip styles at home "simulating" the recoil to see if it would help. Anyone else experience this or similar? What did you do to fix the issue? For the time being, I have ordered a sheet of uncut talon grips rubber to add to the grips for a better purchase on the grip, and plan to put band-aids over the area where the blister is now for the next range session.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Such a tiny gun , surprised you can get a good grip on it at all.
Get it to shoot good and figure the POI and just keep it loaded and ready.
What about an extended magazine for a better full hand grip..may reduce some of that pivot issue..

I have shot some small guns and never liked the way they felt in my hands.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Such a tiny gun , surprised you can get a good grip on it at all.
Get it to shoot good and figure the POI and just keep it loaded and ready.
What about an extended magazine for a better full hand grip..may reduce some of that pivot issue..

I have shot some small guns and never liked the way they felt in my hands.

This little thing shoots GREAT! POI is POA, and it groups very good. I have smaller hands, so it fits well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom