Blocking the diesel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aight, this happens a bunch and it's frustrating. I usually patiently wait for about 5 minutes and then I get pissed. I don't understand why someone in a gasser would even use this pump since it's the furthest one from the store. It's not even like they ran in the store while the pump was running. I did notice once I hung the pump up and waited for my receipt that that car was left running. What an idiot, someone could've stolen it. I was probably there for 15mins total and never saw sign of the driver. Here's some pics of proper jack knife technique. I'll have to hunt up the pictures I took last year where I jack knifed my rig around a lil BMW or whatever lil car it was. That guy did come out of the store and had no choice but to wait for me to get done so he could leave.
IMG_3935.JPG
IMG_3938.JPG
IMG_3937.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most drivers dont realize that diesel is not at every gas station, let alone every pump.
I didnt until I bought a diesel and learned its not quite that easy. Since then, I've avoided using a pump with diesel if at all possible.
I'm the kinda guy that even if I drive my wife's gasser to town, I don't leave it sitting at a pump unattended for more than a couple mins. I even consider that not all folks pay at the pump but shoot how long does it take to go in and pay for gas. Lol. Thing is that this particular store is also a grocery store. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the pumps as parking spots.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad also gets perturbed when this happens.
We also get frustrated when the person is finished filling up there vehicle & it takes then 2 minutes or more to get the vehicle out of the way. (It's like they don't know how to just get in, start the car & move without first putting on the seatbelt, zeroing out the trip meter or info center, checking the radio, making sure the door closed all the way, sit for a few extra seconds before putting it in gear, etc. etc.)

He often has a trailer on also, but its a bumper pull, so being able to do what you did wouldn't be as easy.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job, for real. I am disgusted with selfish people who have no concept that there are people on the planet other than themselves. Examples are:

Gas stations. Your person is a perfect example. Move from the pump before you go buy your cheap beer, cigarettes, lottery ticket and take a piss.

ANY buffet. Yesterday I watched some idiot and his wife hold up a line of 12 people while he individually inspected about 20 slices of brisket with the meat tongs. Then the chicken. Then the potatoes.......

Blocking the aisles at Wal-Mart with your cart full of Great Value soda.

The line at McDonalds. Seriously, you've been in the long line for 10 minutes and there are people behind you. Don't wait until it's your turn and then start the decision process when you get up there. Spend that time in line looking at the freaking menu. It's not like the menu has ever changed anyway.

Turn signals.

I feel better.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad also gets annoyed at people in gassers who block diesel pumps. I try to avoid it, but sometimes it's the only island that's open.

Personally, I try to make allowances for diesel pump blockers. I figure we're lucky that they didn't drive smack into the island and set the whole place on fire.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My work van (Mercedes Sprinter) is a diesel and I know what you mean. And my fill port is right by the drivers door, in fact you have to open the door to get to the fill port. Went to the Kum & Go on 101st and Elm pl once, 16 pump stations with one on each end that has diesel and gas with 4 spots total. 1 had a dualie the other 3 had gassers with plenty of other pumps open. I had to wait on the dualie while my gas light was flashing at me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's the only spot open, I'll pull my gasser into the pump that also sells diesel, but never leave the vehicle and when done, pull up to the customer parking lot to clear the pump. If it's a gas only pump, I'll do the same. I hate those that think the fuel pumps are parking spots to use while they go into the store to take a dump and get another bag of doritos.
It's all about being courteous. GTF away from the pumps when your done.
What I don't like is that most stations don't support gassers when pulling trailers.
My RV rig with pickup is over 56' long and it's tough getting into and out of some of the stations.
Some of the Loves have RV slots though.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job, for real. I am disgusted with selfish people who have no concept that there are people on the planet other than themselves. Examples are:

Gas stations. Your person is a perfect example. Move from the pump before you go buy your cheap beer, cigarettes, lottery ticket and take a piss.

ANY buffet. Yesterday I watched some idiot and his wife hold up a line of 12 people while he individually inspected about 20 slices of brisket with the meat tongs. Then the chicken. Then the potatoes.......

Blocking the aisles at Wal-Mart with your cart full of Great Value soda.

The line at McDonalds. Seriously, you've been in the long line for 10 minutes and there are people behind you. Don't wait until it's your turn and then start the decision process when you get up there. Spend that time in line looking at the freaking menu. It's not like the menu has ever changed anyway.

Turn signals.

I feel better.
Oh don't get me started. How about on the turnpike doing the speed limit of 75 mph approaching two trucks in front of you and a hill. You know what happens next.

Or you are on "the raceway" in the passing lane in the left and people are passing you on the right then getting in front of you because there is a space you left. You cannot merge into the right lane and 3704$$V is riding your butt. You look down at the speedo and discover you are actually 10 to 15 over the limit but everyone else is passing you like you're up on cinder blocks. You move over and the soccer mom taking her kids to church glares at you. Welcome to Oklahoma where the speed limit is just a suggestion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom