Body Armor In Your Prepping Plan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To my way of thinking, in SHTF senario an extremity shot is going to be just as deadly as center mass or a headshot, with no hospital your either going to bleed out or die from an infection, best bet is to not get shot, especially if you are bugging out I'd say your only chance of surviving anything serious is slim and none, body armor is not a big priority for me, I'd rather have an extra 20-30 lbs of food water or ammo.

JamestheJust

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at armor and found a few guys with plates labeled they were suitable for stopping .30 cal AP rounds. What level of protection would this be considered? (Level IV or what)?

But at $500 thats a lot of cash. Might be better spent on ammo.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
30 cal AP is level IV.

Steel plates suck. Spall and splash.

Coat it with truck bed liner and that will solve your spall/splash problem. In a world where you can't go buy another ceramic plate after it's been shot, a steel plate makes more sense. Now, if you could easily replace your ceramic plate, then that would definitely be the way to go.

Last edited:

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coat it with truck bed liner and that will solve your spall/splash problem. In a world where you can't go buy another ceramic plate after it's been shot, a steel plate makes more sense. Now, if you could easily replace your ceramic plate, then that would definitely be the way to go.

Or a very good multi-hit plate like the AMI TAC3S would help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom