Body Armor In Your Prepping Plan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not part of mine either. If I had to use guns to fight my way out it would be my last resort. Once to a secure location things turn more towards securing food, etc.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Level IIIA concealable, and a Level IV steel plates vest with IIIA inserts under the plates, all complements of Iraq. Plus shoulder and thigh wraps, and a K-pot. I also have a throw over molle for all mags and other stuff. I usually use a IIA when I drive on long trips, helps support back, and more police officers have been saved by their vests in car crashes than shootings. I've acquired several vests along the way through the military, LEO, and Iraq, all legal. Enough now to fit out my family.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your family is depending on you why wouldn't you wear body armor? IIIa at the least. I've got enough vest to outfit every member of my immediate family. Some new, some salesmans samples, a couple of used ones but all in good serviceable condition. If you think you're bulletproof then opt out. Just one survivable gut shot without a vest on is gonna render you absolutely useless....So much for all the bling you put on your AR, shoulda spent the money on a vest instead.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope not in my plan...........besides, as stated above, infection will likely kill you from a wound anyhow. But if you have armor then I do not see any reason not to wear it in an SHTF situation. It can't hurt!

If you've got good body armor on you'll end up with some broken bones(maybe) and some large nasty bruises. But no open wounds. If you did somehow break skin then the antibiotics in your kit would take care of it. Any modern gunfighter without bodyarmor isn't worth his weight in salt. Too many people with the Superman syndrome. I've been shot at, been shot and fired back. I'm not going anywhere without mine.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think some sort of B/a is better than nothing IMO. Whether you're versed in using it or not. If the event you do get shot you'll be glad you had some sort of protection. I'd say buy what your budget allows. The best bang for your buck is how i shop.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The armor might be a little high, but seems about average really. It is nice that they offer female cut armor. I think I want some of the designer armor though, so I can be stylish while still being protected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom