Body Armor In Your Prepping Plan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jakerz, I can't speak for steel, but I owe the fact that I am on this side of the dirt to a ceramic chest plate. While your points are all valid, ceramic suits my purposes, and I am fortunate enough to be able to obtain them at reasonable cost.

No, I completely agree. If I could get ceramic plates at a good price, I would pick up a couple. I don't have that option, so I had to settle for a steel/titanium combo. I figure most people will only pick up one set of plates, and if that is the case, I would choose steel.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned a habit from my platoon sergeant when we were in the korenghal, if the mission called for a basic combat load of 210 rounds, pack triple that, as long as it didn't impede your movement. Same goes with armor, if bubba has one set of plates, your much better off having access to 3 sets; as you stated, a plate can only take so many hits, even titanium becomes brittle when subjected to repeated ballistic impact.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned a habit from my platoon sergeant when we were in the korenghal, if the mission called for a basic combat load of 210 rounds, pack triple that, as long as it didn't impede your movement. Same goes with armor, if bubba has one set of plates, your much better off having access to 3 sets; as you stated, a plate can only take so many hits, even titanium becomes brittle when subjected to repeated ballistic impact.

The 2 is 1 and 1 is none concept. I like it. I implement that concept with most things, but haven't with my plates. It wouldn't hurt to pick up another set.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you're the target, not me

I'm not the target. But in case I am I'm gonna be prepared to take a round and still stay in the fight instead of cowering back to my corner and licking my wounds. I've still got bullet fragments in my left leg so I know what it's like to get shot. I'd don't wanna be caught unprepared again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom