BOOMER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who has the BEST OFFENSIVE FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE NATION! BOOMER!!!!

Right now? Ask Gary Patterson and I bet he’d say OU does. But that’s right now. Mayfield is a magician. Plain and simple, that guy got some voodoo or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now? Ask Gary Patterson and I bet he’d say OU does. But that’s right now. Mayfield is a magician. Plain and simple, that guy got some voodoo or something.
What about Rodney Anderson? That kid had a heck of a ball game! I was disappointed though--I told Pearl at the opening kickoff that OU would win by three touchdowns. Shucks!

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about Rodney Anderson? That kid had a heck of a ball game! I was disappointed though--I told Pearl at the opening kickoff that OU would win by three touchdowns. Shucks!
OU seems to have the same Stoops problem where they run up the score in the first half and then take the foot off the throttle. I've never understood why they do that.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU seems to have the same Stoops problem where they run up the score in the first half and then take the foot off the throttle. I've never understood why they do that.
Conservative play in the second half may have more to do with keeping an eye on the long run--play conservatively, milk the clock, try to keep key people from getting hurt, and, believe it or not, rely on the defense to close out the game so that you can go into key games down the road with healthy players in the skill positions. That said, I would have liked to seen them score a couple of TDs in the second half....

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Conservative play in the second half may have more to do with keeping an eye on the long run--play conservatively, milk the clock, try to keep key people from getting hurt, and, believe it or not, rely on the defense to close out the game so that you can go into key games down the road with healthy players in the skill positions. That said, I would have liked to seen them score a couple of TDs in the second half....
If everybody wins out, looks like OU will get another try at TCU. I hope OU coaches remember the January 2, 2016 Alamo Bowl while they relax with their conservative play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom