Bootleggn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative Feedback:
I extended a full price offer to buy a rifle & accessories from Bootleggn and he refused to sell with the explanation that the price he set was too low and he thought he needed more money.

This was the response that he posted in the classified ad:

My apologies to all interested. PM's sent. After much thought I cannot go this low on the bundle. I will however go $450 for rifle, scope, rings, and 50 rounds of ammo less case and bipod. $500 for all. Again, my apologies.

It's disappointing to not be sold a rifle that I'd decided I wanted, ESPECIALLY when I make a full price offer. Upping the price of an item after someone makes an offer to buy is a pretty terrible way to do business, so I'd have to say when dealing with Bootleggn do so with caution.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative Feedback:
I extended a full price offer to buy a rifle & accessories from Bootleggn and he refused to sell with the explanation that the price he set was too low and he thought he needed more money.

This was the response that he posted in the classified ad:

My apologies to all interested. PM's sent. After much thought I cannot go this low on the bundle. I will however go $450 for rifle, scope, rings, and 50 rounds of ammo less case and bipod. $500 for all. Again, my apologies.

It's disappointing to not be sold a rifle that I'd decided I wanted, ESPECIALLY when I make a full price offer. Upping the price of an item after someone makes an offer to buy is a pretty terrible way to do business, so I'd have to say when dealing with Bootleggn do so with caution.

You are the FIRST negative in 82 transactions. Again, a transaction you were second in line for. I will honor the agreed upon sell price to the first in line buyer only.

Last edited:

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are the FIRST negative in 82 transactions. Again, a transaction you were second in line for. I will honor the agreed upon sell price to the first in line buyer only.

Only AFTER I left the feedback above have I been notified that I was "second in line". Seems odd to me, I would think that would be one of the first things mentioned if he were declining my offer to buy.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great deal tonight. He was easy to deal with and waited on me to do a deal since I was waiting on help. And went overboard helping with loading. Definitely would do another deal with him.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Re: CharlieWH2O
Originally Posted by Bootleggn
Be extremely cautious when dealing with this member, if not completely avoiding the need to do so. I am truly disgusted with this members lack of coordination and patience. This has been the absolute worst dealings I've had on OSA.
In my defense Bootleggn had an ad running for a specific shotgun back in the middle of August. I had one so replied to his message. We agreed on a price on 8/26. I didn't hear anything from him so on 8/28 sent a text on 8/28 asking if he wanted the shotgun. He replied with, "I want it". I replied "How do you want to go about this? If a phone call works better met me know a good time to call."

I heard nothing else until 9/14, some 17 days later, in a text asking what would be a good time to meet up so he could look at the shotgun and possibly purchase. I called his number and left a message asking he call me. I received a text back. We again agreed, in text on a price. I was in Arkansas at the time but told him in text I could meet in Tulsa on Sunday, 9/15. This was on Saturday. I heard nothing else until today when I received a text, "What other day is good?". I replied I am in Tulsa all week. I thought a few moments and sent a text my offer to sell was only good until 6:00 PM 9/17. He texts back, "Okay, let's try this, I'll take it. I can make it up some time this week." With that I killed the deal and received a couple more texts and will not sell to Booleggn.

How much patience must one person have? You can deal with confidence when you deal on the up and up with me.

See above for the feedback thread Bootleggn created for me though I already have one with NO negatives. Not sure what happened with him on this deal, though he said he was middle man for a non-member, but I won't do business with him.