Borrowed range day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure what to expect here but I borrowed two pistols for this afternoons range trip.
Sig P365 and a Chiappa Rhino (2").
I've been interested in a P365 but wanted to shoot one first as I'm more of a SAO guy, so we'll see how I like the striker fire of this Sig.
The Rhino is just a curiosity but should be fun. I had a SP101 in 357 and hated shooting it. I'm curious if the Rhino lives up to the hype on being better to shoot due to the barrel placement.
If I hate 'em both, I'll still have my P226 SAO with me to fully enjoy the trip.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a good time. I'm cleaning house ...:bah:

Wonder if I could get Grumpy to go to the range when he gets home from work ... Hmmm ... :anyone:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure what to expect here but I borrowed two pistols for this afternoons range trip.
Sig P365 and a Chiappa Rhino (2").
I've been interested in a P365 but wanted to shoot one first as I'm more of a SAO guy, so we'll see how I like the striker fire of this Sig.
The Rhino is just a curiosity but should be fun. I had a SP101 in 357 and hated shooting it. I'm curious if the Rhino lives up to the hype on being better to shoot due to the barrel placement.
If I hate 'em both, I'll still have my P226 SAO with me to fully enjoy the trip.

Well we will need the details/results of your trip and how well you like the P365 especially. I find the trigger on mine quite good, but then I like striker fired guns fine. I also like DA, and SA, and DA/SA actually...

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I started out with my P226 Legion SAO and ran a few mags through it...then switched over to the P365. The P365 trigger is absolutely NOT a Legion SAO trigger but it wasnt bad (I wasnt expecting it to be, it was just interesting seeing the difference). For a first outing with a tiny striker fire gun I was satisfied. I think with some grip tape and a few more range visits, its worth looking into buying to upgrade my P238. I ran a few mags through it, then went to the Rhino. The lower barrel does help with muzzle rise, it is pretty interesting the difference between it and a short barrel LCR and SP101 (I had both, hated them, dont miss them). I did get a little bit of blast on the thumb from the first shot...you gotta watch thumb placement of your second hand when shooting that lower barrel revolver. The one thing I will say about the Rhino is I tend to shoot low with "new to me" guns...but this one I wanted to shoot high. I had a hard time getting the muzzle down far enough. It had nothing to do with recoil or muzzle flip, just seemed like I had to try really hard to get my wrists at the correct angle for the front bead to settle into the groove. Now, after a few mags of P365 and a few cylinders of Rhino, I got out the P226 again and MAN did my groups shrink down.

Are there any good trigger jobs available for the P365? (puts on flame suit) I think a good trigger job/kit and a manual safety grip module would be the cats meow on a P365.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm....I suppose that I'm (or my bank account) lucky that I don't know what a 'really good trigger' is. The trigger on my Browning Buckmark is probably the 'smoothest' I've got.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm....I suppose that I'm (or my bank account) lucky that I don't know what a 'really good trigger' is. The trigger on my Browning Buckmark is probably the 'smoothest' I've got.

Buckmarks have pretty good triggers, especially if you do the spring flip. Its still a SAO though, which is my preference. All my semi auto pistols are SAO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom