Bought a new chicken coop ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever had ducks in a coop or pen?

If not, you're in for a few surprises. :D

I have. I actually prefer ducks to chickens, both in terms of ease of care and taste of eggs and meat. But the old man doesn't like duck eggs, and would starve to death before he'd eat duck meat. Friggin' picky-ass city boy. :disappoin

I've been sitting here looking at plans for double deck rabbit hutches. LOL now that I feel better I want all my critters back. :hyper: It will sure be nice to be raising my own meat again. Wonder if I can get some quail, too?? Hmmmm ...:rubhands:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can probably still get quail at private hatcheries, but I doubt chain stores like Atwoods/etc. will have 'em.

Happy to hear you're still getting better. :)

I figure that's how I'm gonna have to get them. Will probably order a hundred and then butcher the ones I don't keep for breeding stock.

Yeah, that's what the old man thought, too. THEN I started coming up with all these projects I wanna do. Lol :fallangel:lookaroun:naughty::sunbath:

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure that's how I'm gonna have to get them. Will probably order a hundred and then butcher the ones I don't keep for breeding stock.

Yeah, that's what the old man thought, too. THEN I started coming up with all these projects I wanna do. Lol :fallangel:lookaroun:naughty::sunbath:
If you find a place to get quail Annie let me know the place we got them don’t carry them any more

Latest posts

Top Bottom