Bought a new chicken coop ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Argh.

"An upland game license shall be required for legally acquired captive raised pheasants, all species of quail, Indian chukars, water fowl, and other similar or suitable gallinaceous birds; and shall include turkey if no other big game species are listed on the license/application."

OK HOUSE BILL NO. 1493

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some people who are in violation of "da law" then. I didn't want to buy from them because I don't care for the lack of care they give or the lack of attention they give to even the most rudimentary version of the Punnett Square. Dumbasses shouldn't be allowed to enter the zoo, much less own animals themselves. Oh well ... Guess I'll just stick with chickens. Too bad. It's nice to be able to "popatop" in the morning, marinate and cook in the evening. Chickens are a little more labor intensive. Bummer.

Eta: Huh. Wonder if that means everyone who has ducks (waterfowl) need a license. Go away,Dave!! :cry3:

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the old man doesn't like duck eggs, and would starve to death before he'd eat duck meat. Friggin' picky-ass city boy. :disappoin

I'm 100% with him on that. I'd love to hunt ducks and might sometime if I find a buddy that I know will eat them. I won't eat them because they taste like nasty a$$ liver. Blechhh. :puke:

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 100% with him on that. I'd love to hunt ducks and might sometime if I find a buddy that I know will eat them. I won't eat them because they taste like nasty a$$ liver. Blechhh. :puke:
I can’t eat them because every time I drive by a sanitation pond there are ducks all over them and you know what they are eating lol

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't think domestic ducks are considered "waterfowl" or "game birds" under the statute anymore than goldfish or guppies are considered "game fish."

But I'm not a lawyer. :drunk2:

I would hope not ... lol

I would think you could argue the same thing about hatchery raised birds of any breed but I don't have a lot of faith in the "legal system" to realize there is a difference in wild and farm-raised animals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom