Bowling ball cannon ... legal ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booger Ray

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello to all. Been reading all I can find on bowling ball cannons. Has anyone come across info on the legality of firing a cannon in Oklahoma ? Something specific, talked to an attorney, sheriff ? (I don't really want to ask the sheriff ... not yet anyway.) Looks like there's a lot of folks firing cannons, just trying to cover my backside. I understand the do's and don't s with the powder, safety and all that. If I go out to my buddies ranch (Pittsburg County) where you can see for a mile or more and shoot a bowling ball am I gonna go to jail when the law shows up ? Are they gonna confiscate my cannon ? Has anyone had a run-in with the law while firing their cannon ? What was the outcome ? I know I'm gonna go shoot it anyway .. Just trying to maybe cover some bases, have some (correct) answers if I do get stopped. Thank you, to everyone. Enjoy reading the threads, lots of interesting info out there.
(first time to be on a forum, hope I got it right)

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing it is a bowling ball mortar and they are pretty fun, just don't be an idiot. There aren't really any regulations on muzzleloading BP cannons.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The finger holes whistling while it flies through the air is pretty neat too.
screenshot_2016-04-16-21-52-50-1-png.62736

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-16-21-52-50-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-16-21-52-50-1.png
    422.9 KB · Views: 395

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes on a Friday night when we sit by the campfire on our acreage in the OC (Osage County) we hear a large blast from a long way off. We think maybe it's a celebratory cannon blast at the football field of the nearby town of Prue.

Bryan

Latest posts

Top Bottom