Bowling Pin match in Duncan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm off on that Sunday, so I might go out to watch and see what this is all about. It's highly doubtful that I'll be participating.
My attempting to go "Dirty Harry" on a bunch of bowling pins with my 44Mag would probably be a catastrophe and highly embarrassing. LOL

This will be the first time for me, so you can't be any worse than I am. ;)

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well CAR, you have much more experience with guns than I do. I'm the reincarnation of Barney Fife. LOL, I only get one bullet and its a blank. :(
Hey Dave I am still thinking No! It isn't the expense of paying money, it is the expense of having to work my way out of the hall of shame I would put myself into.
I'm just not prepared for this kind of shooting. Aside from that, I don't know how to use my speed loaders yet and I only have 2. That .44 isn't a very forgiving weapon.
I went to Academy while in OKC and I managed to get my M&P Pro Series C.O.R.E. today. It was the display model and the last one they had, so I snagged it for 593.98.
I am guessing the others were the 619.99 price tag. I bought mom a purple Taurus 709 Slim 9 MM for 299.99. I spent $969.oo today for 2 guns including tax. This means
I am getting back my S&W 38 Special Off duty snub nose revolver. I'm feeling proud of myself. I just hope my mentor isn't going to pistol whip me for buying a Taurus. LOL

Attachments

• SWMP40ProSeriesCORE.jpg
    SWMP40ProSeriesCORE.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 213

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well CAR, you have much more experience with guns than I do. I'm the reincarnation of Barney Fife. LOL, I only get one bullet and its a blank. :(
Hey Dave I am still thinking No! It isn't the expense of paying money, it is the expense of having to work my way out of the hall of shame I would put myself into.
I'm just not prepared for this kind of shooting.

I don't know about the other folks, but with CAR, rebelcanoneer and myself, there is NO hall of shame.
But come on out and watch and see.
That way you can laugh at US!!! (Moe, Larry and Curly)

Dave

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just not prepared for this kind of shooting. Aside from that, I don't know how to use my speed loaders yet and I only have 2. That .44 isn't a very forgiving weapon.
I went to Academy while in OKC and I managed to get my M&P Pro Series C.O.R.E. today. It was the display model and the last one they had, so I snagged it for 593.98.
I am guessing the others were the 619.99 price tag. I bought mom a purple Taurus 709 Slim 9 MM for 299.99. I spent $969.oo today for 2 guns including tax. This means
I am getting back my S&W 38 Special Off duty snub nose revolver. I'm feeling proud of myself. I just hope my mentor isn't going to pistol whip me for buying a Taurus. LOL

I don't know about the other folks, but with CAR, rebelcanoneer and myself, there is NO hall of shame.
But come on out and watch and see.
That way you can laugh at US!!! (Moe, Larry and Curly)

Dave

That's the way most matches are. Some serious, most out there to learn how to run the gun better and have fun with like minded folks.

There is no Preperation Fred. Get your ammo and gun in the vehicle and go shoot. Its that easy! :D

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, you haven't seen me shoot that 44 Dennis. RH is still trying to find a happy medium with the powder in the reloads and researching which grips will help me handle the recoil of that sucker. Don't get me wrong, I handle it much better than I did a month ago, but it still hurts my wrist. RH has been a great teacher and all around mentor, but I don't feel comfortable enough with any gun right now to shoot in public. That's just me and the way I am. RH said I will get better at it, but until then I play it safe.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, you haven't seen me shoot that 44 Dennis. RH is still trying to find a happy medium with the powder in the reloads and researching which grips will help me handle the recoil of that sucker. Don't get me wrong, I handle it much better than I did a month ago, but it still hurts my wrist. RH has been a great teacher and all around mentor, but I don't feel comfortable enough with any gun right now to shoot in public. That's just me and the way I am. RH said I will get better at it, but until then I play it safe.

Its a bowling pin shoot. Load lazy .44 special loads with little recoil, and go play the game. You get better by shooting more. When I look back at when I started shooting competitions, and where I'm at now, there is not that much difference, other than the fun factor. :D

There is no excuse!! :D

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, gonna try this.
Had a heck of a time. Seems like most of the vids that were shot are upside down and/or sideways and I don't know how to rotate them

Here is one (I hope)

View My Video

I tried to get the one where I shot over 30 rounds and only won because the other shooter didn't have any more ammo or mags.
Don't worry about the 44. I'll bring a Glock 23 and you can shoot .40 cal if you bring some bullets.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Dave

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, you don't understand. I'm not a fun person. LOL. My brain isn't wired for fun. My learning to shoot and control a weapon is for protection more than anything else. You have to understand that I was an anti- gun idiot for most of my life. My time working as a corrections officer changed my views about guns. I have no problem with people that like to shoot guns for fun, but I am more geared to tearing them apart to see how they work to maintain or repair them. I want to get my hands on RH'S RedHawk 44 and disassemble it so bad it isn't funny, but I think he would really tear my rear off and show it to me if I even tried to get him to entertain the idea. He cringes when I mention tearing my 44 down. Lol. To me that is the fun in guns. I know it sounds weird, but that's how gunsmiths are born. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom