Bowling Pin Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstewart

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here we are again! SMF Solutions in Duncan is hosting our second bowling pin match on June 20, 2009 starting at 10:00 a.m. If you missed our last pin match, we had a great time. We have added to our facilities and our new concession will be open for this event. Prizes will be awarded for 1st-5th. Prizes will be trophies, and merchandise and/or money. Hope to see a bunch of OSA memebers there, bring your lawn chairs and lets have a blast!

If you don't want to shoot, thats fine, just come out and watch and see what a pin match is about. Admission is FREE!

Check our website for our flyer and official rules. As always if you have a question don't hesitate to call or drop us an email.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you delete this thread my son is going to be hounding me everyday until June 20th. Just joking, I hope we can make it again. It was lots of fun.

milsurpman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can you give me a quick rundown of how the match works. Timed? You shoot a bowling pin off a table? What's the yardage? What do most people use? .45?

Thanks.

It is timed. You have to knock the pins off the table. It's about 25 feet from your shooting box and several of us used .45s and .40s with the exception of the guy who brought a freaking Howitzer and won. The concussion of his bullets was enough to do the job.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, the howitzer would split the bowling pins in half. If I remember correctly it was a 480 ruger. I am terrible with names but the guy from the firing pin finished in the top 5 and was shooting a 9mm. I shot a 40.

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm not getting it.....$25.00 seems pretty steep for a local match. Whats the reward here?

Trophies, prizes, and money, according the original post.

Sounds like fun to me, but I doubt I'll get out there to shoot one.

I do, however, have a funky old bowling pin gun that was built specifically for the task. Hmmm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom