Bowling Pin Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can have as many magazines as you want. Just limited to the rounds loaded in them. I've seen a match where they shot 18+ rounds each. In one they ran out of loaded mags and were thumbing rounds back into magazines. I wish I had a video of that one.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does the scoring work?

*Edit* I just saw the image someone else added. So, 1 minute head to head, are you limited to only the 8 rounds in your magazine during that 1 minute period, or can you change mags?
Unlimited magazines and speed loaders for revolvers can be used. 8 rounds per magazine for semi-autos and 6 bullets in revolver. The short and long range combo is a fairly new event and I haven't been to one of them yet, so I don't know the particular rules on that.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bowling pin shoots are head to head double elimination. Multi Gun is single shooter against the clock. Shortest time wins. The Handgun portion must be completed prior to jogging to the rifle shoot. Haven't done multi Gun but heard it was a good time. Pretty sure the rifle stuff is pretty much open gun; optics and what have you. Must folks wouldn't be in a hurry to shoot bowling pins without optics at 150 yards although I admire any that have attempted or will attempt it. Spoken by a revolver shooter.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom